TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Media and Entertainment Discuss everything from books to music, movies, television and celebrities in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

A sad thing happened to me a few days after the kids choice awards last year - January 18th 2022, 04:31 PM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]So I loved the kids' choice awards this year. It had a Kamala Harris cameo, a Justin Bieber performance, and a mashup performance by the network's young stars of the past year's greatest hits! Sadly, Shiloh Nelson, who voices my best pal Keia, only made a non-speaking cameo in the virtual audience, which made me slightly sad. I messaged for a voice message from Shiloh as Keia on IG, but got not reply. Then, a few days after the show aired, I received the RUDEST email one could possibly think of (not affiliated with Shiloh). If I didn't tell you I almost cried, I'd be lying. I hope this man realizes how ignorant it was of him to do this, making an already sad person feel worse I'm hoping that this year's KCAs have something happy follow them [/size][/color][/font]
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount81

Edit avatar

Re: A sad thing happened to me a few days after the kids choice awards last year - January 18th 2022, 06:07 PM

The problem with social media is that there is no longer a strongly defined boundary between celebrities and their fanbase; and that is something I absolutely abhor. Celebrities are not meant to be your friends, no matter how kind and genuine their posts might be. It fucking hurts right now to hear that, I totally get it! But always perceive their honesty and truths with a grain of salt; because a lot of it might just be what their representative or publicist wants them to post on social media.

Was your message to this person on a public platform, such as commenting on a recent Instagram post? If so, then that definitely opens yourself up to vile comments from people who think they're so much better or wiser than other people; they may say stuff in a derogatory way, or they may be haters of the very person you love.

Seriously. Fandoms. Just fucking not worth it. I get wanting to express how much you love your idol; but there's no chance of them ever seeing it, if not very slim to none. They have such busy lives, such hectic schedules, they're not like us. They don't have the time or energy to shift through thousands of comments and private messages. Besides, if they've fallen victim to hateful messages in the past, they're not going to subject themselves to that time and time again.

Wishing you all the best.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Re: A sad thing happened to me a few days after the kids choice awards last year - January 18th 2022, 06:46 PM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]It was a follow-up to a message he sent me as a character he voiced. He just wanted to see if I recieved it. I replied nicely, but I'm autistic so I get upset over silly things. Since then, many one hit wonders and actors I love have liked my comments.[/size][/color][/font]
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount81

Edit avatar

Re: A sad thing happened to me a few days after the kids choice awards last year - January 18th 2022, 08:23 PM

I'm glad that you've received positive comments from other individuals you look up to! I can totally relate as an Autistic individual how someone might come across as being rude and that'll set me off.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,231, Level: 42 Points: 88,231, Level: 42 Points: 88,231, Level: 42

Re: A sad thing happened to me a few days after the kids choice awards last year - January 19th 2022, 07:59 AM

I'm really sorry this happened to you. I hope things worked out in the end.

Closed Thread