TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Tattoos and Piercings This forum is to ask questions and discuss tattoos, piercings and other aesthetic body modifications.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SM13 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Points: 13,511, Level: 16 Points: 13,511, Level: 16 Points: 13,511, Level: 16

Question Tattoo cost and care? - May 26th 2012, 07:29 PM

I would like to get this (picture below) tattooed on the under side of my wrist so that when I want to cut myself I will see it and be reminded that God loves me and doesn't want me to hurt myself. I want it ro be about 4cm tall and 2.5 cm wide. Does anybody have any idea about how much this would cost? I'm also wondering how I would care for it after it's done. Like what also is the I'd guess you'd call it "recovery time"? Thanks so much! Oh and how does one know if a tattoo parlor is a good one or a crappy one?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...giI8&mvs=0#p=0 (liknk to picture)

Thanks y'all!
~SM~
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39

Re: Tattoo cost and care? - May 26th 2012, 11:16 PM

Your link didn't work for me.

As for pricing, it depends on the parlor. They usually have an initial fee of about $80 and then they add another fee per hour, but yours shouldn't take over an hour since its small.
To find a good parlor, its best to just check out a few and ask them some questions. You can probably find some reviews online for places as well.
Recovery is pretty simple. They usually wrap it for you, but you only want to leave the bandage on for a couple hours because it needs some air. It will be a little sore for about a week, but its not bad at all. You want to put some light non-scented lotion on it to keep it moist for the first week as well to help keep it from scabbing. And don't touch the scabs, let them fall off on their own otherwise you could accidentally pull off some ink. Its normal for tattoos to get itchy while healing too, just try your best not to scratch it.
Here's some more information: http://tattoo.about.com/cs/beginners/a/blaftercare.htm

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
metalheadjessus Offline
Average Joe

Points: 10,341, Level: 14 Points: 10,341, Level: 14 Points: 10,341, Level: 14

Re: Tattoo cost and care? - May 29th 2012, 07:58 PM

Some tattooists charge to draw up the designs, and the fee may be dependent on either the length of time it would take, or the area the tattoo covers with colours, position and level of detail being taken in to account also. The best thing to do would be to take the design in to a few different places and ask them to give you a guesstimation as to what the overall cost would be.

As for knowing whether a parlour or specific artist is reputable or not, ask around and look at their portfolios. Do not get a kitchen magician to do the job and make sure that they use fresh needles and proper sterilised equipment each time. When I had my septum pierced, the piercer went out of his way to show me that ALL of the equipment was new and made me watch him remove each item from the vacuum sealed bags and boxes.

Last edited by metalheadjessus; May 29th 2012 at 08:06 PM.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread