TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Tattoos and Piercings This forum is to ask questions and discuss tattoos, piercings and other aesthetic body modifications.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
survivor. :)
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Points: 15,864, Level: 18 Points: 15,864, Level: 18 Points: 15,864, Level: 18

Tattoo? - July 5th 2012, 08:05 PM

Hi there

I'm considering getting a tattoo... A little-ish one on the side of my wrist, if that makes sense. I want it to mean something though....I found in my recovery of various different things that I found 'hope' really helpful and my faith and butterflies... Does anyone have any ideas on what tattoo I could have?! ( I'm aware I will obv make the final decision but i'm just looking for suggestions at the moment )

Also, does anyone who has a tattoo regret having it? How much is a good price to pay? Also i'm looking into going into teaching/youth work/social work/something like that - will a tattoo affect this?

Any thoughts are appreciated!

You have to have the negative things in life
to be able to appreciate the positives.
TG 05/04/2013
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 37,460, Level: 27 Points: 37,460, Level: 27 Points: 37,460, Level: 27

Re: Tattoo? - July 5th 2012, 11:27 PM

I have a two tattoos on my wrists; one says believe, the other says hope. I paid $40 for the two of them (I'm not sure of the conversion) which is pretty inexpensive. There is a symbol for hope that I think would look really nice on the side of the wrist, so maybe you could do that - or a simple butterfly or cross (I'm assuming that's what you mean by faith).

I don't regret my tattoos. I've had interviews for jobs but they've never once said a thing about my tattoos. I think that if they are clean and appropriate, it won't bring about any harsh feelings that'll prevent you from getting a job. I am planning on going into teaching as well, so I'm hoping that my tattoos don't prevent me from pursuing that type of career. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. All in all, it depends on the employer. Some will make due with tattoos and others won't have them.

I hope that you find something you like.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39

Re: Tattoo? - July 6th 2012, 04:02 AM

I have 5 tattoos and haven't regretted any of them. They were all around $40. If its relatively small, then I don't think it will be looked down upon, however it will differ from the company.
I think a butterfly that says hope beneath it would look really pretty.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor
Closed Thread