TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Tattoos and Piercings This forum is to ask questions and discuss tattoos, piercings and other aesthetic body modifications.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CrystalJade Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 14,857, Level: 17 Points: 14,857, Level: 17 Points: 14,857, Level: 17

New tattoo help? - September 28th 2012, 09:15 AM

I'm ready for my new tattoo! I just need some help with it. I give a lot of credit to learning to play the violin for straightening me up in my late teen years. I now see how learning an instrument can help kids and make them better people. I want a tattoo on my right shoulder to commemorate when I decided to play the violin.

I was thinking of getting... "Music is to the soul what the stars are to the universe" but I'm not 100% sold on it. Does anyone have any other ideas/quotes? I'm not sure if this is really even a quote from anyone... :/

This'll be my 2nd tattoo. My first was about a year ago and It's a heart on my wrist. I got it for 2 reasons. 1) I had a friend who killed himself so it's kind of for him to remind me, and 2) last year I got caught up in a huge mess. I was dating a 15 year old and some people called the cops and claimed we were having sex on a school play ground. We weren't, I just hugged him (this is completely true. It's crazy, I know). Unfortunately, I had turned 18 three days before. My ex was a sophomore while I was a senior and he was one of the only guys I dated that was younger than me (I don't like younger guys). The cops got in my face and told me I was 'immoral' and 'messed up in the head' and wanted to take me to jail for the weekend. They even lied heavily on the police report. It cost thousands of dollars, which I don't have, and a lot of stress but I was proved innocent. My tattoo is to remind me of the struggle for my freedom too.

Anyway, if you have any ideas let me know. I'm excited to get a new tattoo but I want it to be perfect!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Commiseration Offline
Average Joe

Name: Sam

Points: 11,000, Level: 15 Points: 11,000, Level: 15 Points: 11,000, Level: 15

Re: New tattoo help? - September 29th 2012, 05:46 PM

Hi!

I usually don't give advise on tattoos as it is a very personal thing, as you obviously know. I like that you're still thinking about it though as you're not 100% in love with what you've already thought of. Simply to give you some other words to think about, here's a couple of my own favorite musical quotes-

"Without music, life would be a mistake." -Friedrich Nietzshe
"One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." -Bob Marley
(One that's a little longer) "Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything." -Plato

The words you've already come up with are lovely and it doesn't matter if it's a real quote or not. Just find something you feel strongly about and means something to you. Good luck and have fun with it!

-Sam

-Let the Music Play-
"There's no way to explain why life is filled with so much pain. But do the flowers ever grow in the places it don't rain?"

"But the unfortunate truth is that, while being different from everyone else can be exciting at first, ultimately it can get a little lonely."

"The floor seemed wonderfully solid. It was comforting to know I had fallen and could fall no further."
Closed Thread