TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Tattoos and Piercings This forum is to ask questions and discuss tattoos, piercings and other aesthetic body modifications.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
itzz.casper Offline
~Unicorns~
Average Joe

Name: Casper

Points: 9,728, Level: 14 Points: 9,728, Level: 14 Points: 9,728, Level: 14

Considered bout my tattoo - December 17th 2016, 11:13 PM

I have a tattoo on my wrist. Its a small-meduim sized tat. I had it since Tuesday. Its not infefeced that I know of. But this mornin it crusted and the scab fell off and it was blood. Im just considered because when I move my wrist it stings and feels like im pullin my skin apart. I cant see anyone bout it because then I get in MEGA trouble. I put aloe on it but its still stingin. I dont feel weasy or sick or anythin so I dont believe that I have ink poisoning. But I dunno are tattoo's suppost to feel like this?

I'm not looking for sympathy, just understanding- Jacoby Shaddix <3
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Points: 24,570, Level: 22 Points: 24,570, Level: 22 Points: 24,570, Level: 22

Re: Considered bout my tattoo - December 17th 2016, 11:45 PM

You should not be putting aloe on it, especially if it was bleeding. There's certain things you can put on a tattoo while it's healing, many tattoo shops will sell it. I'm not sure if there's anything you can put on yours, however, since it sounds like it's an open wound. You really need to see someone about it. I get the feeling that because you're under the legal age to get a tattoo and no one told you about the aftercare, it was probably not done correctly by a professional in a sterile environment. It should not feel like your skin is being pulled apart. You may get in trouble but your health is more important.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,742, Level: 34 Points: 57,742, Level: 34 Points: 57,742, Level: 34

Re: Considered bout my tattoo - December 18th 2016, 12:03 PM

Hey there,

I can only echo whats already been said. When it comes to tattoos, there are certain things you need to do for after care. Since no-one told you about this, it's irresponsible of whoever did your tattoo. It shouldn't be bleeding or scabbing, and I would avoid putting anything on it, and instead get it checked out with a doctor.

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38

Re: Considered bout my tattoo - December 18th 2016, 10:21 PM

Hi.

Ii have four tats and they all scabbed but not in the same way a wound would. Its vital not to pick at it due to it can damange the tattoo. However, I am worried yours is bleeding and therefore I would try and see a nurse at your doctors to make sure everything is okay.

There are a lot of things you can put on them to help them such as bepanthen but the person who did it should have advised what to put on it or given you a tube/sachets of cream which are suitable to use to help it heal. But since it's bleeding and sounds like there is a wound (?) I wouldn't advise putting anything on it until you get it checked out.

Jessie

’Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.’

Big sis, always and forever, 15/04/2018
Closed Thread