TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Tattoos and Piercings This forum is to ask questions and discuss tattoos, piercings and other aesthetic body modifications.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Points: 24,570, Level: 22 Points: 24,570, Level: 22 Points: 24,570, Level: 22

Not sure about tattoo? - July 23rd 2010, 03:16 AM

I know I want a tattoo, very badly. And I have a reason for wanting one, I'm not going to get one just because I can.

I decided that I want to get a tattoo in 11 months as of tomorrow. This is because it will be my 1st full year without cutting (if I make it, which I will). If I don't, I'll do it when I DO reach one year. I found this, and I'd probably change it a little to be mine.

I'd love to have it smaller and on my wrist, but I plan on being a lower elementary school teacher, and I know I'd probably have to cover it up. I'd want it there because that's mostly where I used to cut. I'd also love to get it on my hipish area, to the side, a little up. Not sure how to explain that. But I know I plan on having kids, so that area is probably not the best because it might get deformed if I get pregnant.

I know I really want something meaningful, having to do with the long fight I've had with SH and such. I don't know if I'd want just Love with the heart, but then it looks a little like something someone would go out and get because they're 18 and can. But the love is the movement, I wouldn't want people thinking I'm just following some fad. And I have no idea if the whole TWLOHA thing will even be around in another five or ten years (I hope it will be though)

So, opinions on where I could get it, if I should have just love or the full thing, how I should change it, other ideas for a meaningful tattoo about stopping SH etc.

I AM getting a tattoo on my one year. So please, don't tell me I shouldn't get one at all. I'm not here for opinions on why I shouldn't get it, just how I should go about getting it.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Arcenciel Offline
Child and Youth Care Worker
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jen

Points: 18,873, Level: 19 Points: 18,873, Level: 19 Points: 18,873, Level: 19

Re: Not sure about tattoo? - July 23rd 2010, 05:27 AM

Well, the heart is a treble cleff and a base cleff intertwined, so if your love doesn't come from music, I would change the heart.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: Not sure about tattoo? - July 23rd 2010, 02:29 PM

I was going to change the heart a bit, and music got me through a lot. So music does mean a lot to me.

I think I want to make the heart smaller though, so I'd change it to look smaller and more compact possibly? Only if I keep the full Love is the Movement.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
rednailpolish92 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Katie

Points: 9,322, Level: 14 Points: 9,322, Level: 14 Points: 9,322, Level: 14

Re: Not sure about tattoo? - July 23rd 2010, 04:15 PM

i heard somehwere that it's really hard to tattoo scarred areas, especially areas with A LOT of scarring. so, id do some research with the internet and some different shops to see if that is going to be an issue. as for the tattoo, i absolutely love it the way it is. i think if you made it smaller and moved it closer to your palm than your elbow, itd look better. but i am a big supporter of the TWLOHA thing. and if you are too, and that program/mindset helped you thru your cutting like its helping me, even if its not around in 10-15 years, it was still apart of your life
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: Not sure about tattoo? - July 23rd 2010, 04:49 PM

That's a very good point, and I was thinking about that this morning. I would definitely move it more towards my wrist, but I'd want to be sure I could cover it up. It helps that it won't be a scary tattoo or anything, because it seems to me that it's more acceptable if it isn't all demony and such.

And the scarring isn't a problem, I don't really have any permanent scars and I don't have many. More than likely they'll all be gone by the time I get the tattoo. I think the idea of getting this tattoo on my one year will keep me fighting, and then after I won't want to mess up the tattoo, if I get it on my wrist.

What are some other TWLOHA ideas for tattoos that are pretty small? I can't think of much.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
*Rainbow*Rider* Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: H

Points: 19,558, Level: 20 Points: 19,558, Level: 20 Points: 19,558, Level: 20

Re: Not sure about tattoo? - July 23rd 2010, 06:51 PM

I don't like it. People would ask about the story behind it and you'd have to explain about your SH all the time, or say you didn't want to talk about it and people would be like hmmm. Just a simple heart or something. I don't like the idea of words on the wrist. I understand you want to celebrate it which is great, perhaps just a heart or something that symbolises strength for you. A bird or something.

If the world is a cold place
Make it your business to start some fires

(#7 (permalink)) Old
iHEAVENn Offline
.:Try Forever:.
I've been here a while

Name: Amy

Points: 14,744, Level: 17 Points: 14,744, Level: 17 Points: 14,744, Level: 17

Re: Not sure about tattoo? - July 23rd 2010, 09:02 PM

I disagree, I mean if you have marks on your arm (if you did it on your arm) then people will ask all the time anyways.
Get whatever YOU want. Whatever means the most to you. If people ask, you don't have to answer.

.:6:21 a.m.:.
.:12-01-2007:.
.:Logan Jacob:.

Baby HunterComing 7/12/14
My Everything

I support Project Linus!
Let Go Laughing
"It took a pair of soft blue eyes, and a smile so sweet.. to make me reach up high, and really dig down deep.."

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: Not sure about tattoo? - July 23rd 2010, 10:55 PM

I'm not really worried about people asking, and I'm not sure I can even get it on my wrist because of my future career choice.
Are there any other places I could get it done and look good? I don't know too much about tattoos and pregnancy, so I'm not sure if the other place I really want it (more so than on my wrist) would get stretched and gross when I have kids later on in life

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: Not sure about tattoo? - July 23rd 2010, 10:55 PM

I'm not really worried about people asking, and I'm not sure I can even get it on my wrist because of my future career choice.
Are there any other places I could get it done and look good? I don't know too much about tattoos and pregnancy, so I'm not sure if the other place I really want it (more so than on my wrist) would get stretched and gross when I have kids later on in life

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Arcenciel Offline
Child and Youth Care Worker
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jen

Points: 18,873, Level: 19 Points: 18,873, Level: 19 Points: 18,873, Level: 19

Re: Not sure about tattoo? - August 5th 2010, 05:52 AM

my mom has a tattoo on the side of her leg (close to her ankle) and it looks really nice.

Quote:
I disagree, I mean if you have marks on your arm (if you did it on your arm) then people will ask all the time anyways.
Why the hell does everyone say people ask?!?!? I've only ever had like 2 people in my life ask me about my arms, and that's like the day after I self harmed, and the people happened to be my therapist and my youth worker. NOBODY CARES. I don't get this at all. Someone enlighten me.
Closed Thread