TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Just Peachy. Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36

Holiday gift ideas! - December 1st 2020, 07:02 PM

There are a lot of people who are stuck on Holiday gift ideas. This is a thread where you can share what you're getting others for the Holidays (crafts, low cost, toys, etc.). In addition, this can also be a place where you ask for gift ideas.

If you ask for gift ideas, try to include that persons' interests/needs etc. Others can respond with ideas they have!

*Gift ideas/suggestions do not need to be materialistic. They don't need to cost much. Times are tough, and money may be an issue for some. Gifts can include the gift of time, homemade crafts, etc.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount59

Edit avatar

Re: Holiday gift ideas! - December 1st 2020, 07:20 PM

In recent years, I've been finding it easier to get gift cards like I receive gilt cards for Christmas. I think it's better to do it this way so the person who received the GC can use the money — for example, an Amazon GC — to use it the way they want for what they want. I always feel like there is such a huge risk getting Christmas presents, even for my own family.

I don't plan on spending that much this holiday season. I plan on sending out cards to my family and select friends.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Holiday gift ideas! - December 13th 2020, 11:50 PM

I've got my mum and uncle a pair of headphones. The ones they currently have are falling apart and could do with being replaced. I also got my mum an eggless cake recipe book because she has issues with eating too much egg.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: Holiday gift ideas! - December 18th 2020, 11:33 AM

I got people in my immediate family mostly practical stuff this year. I listen to what they talk about throughout the year and use that to choose what to gift them. Like my father, for instance, is always complaining about his phone and messing up screen protectors so I got him an inexpensive holster case for his phone. I got my mom a folding drying rack since she hang dries a lot of her clothes and it's getting too cold to do it outside. I got my twin some tee shirts since he likes them so much and my younger brother some cleaning supplies for his medical equipment with the hopes of making cleaning easier since he's so busy these days.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Holiday gift ideas! - December 18th 2020, 12:19 PM

I cant share most of the gifts I bought cause I bought for two TH friends.

But I typically like to gift books that I've enjoyed. At least to people who I know read.

Easier stuff are gift cards.

I try and make it something the person will enjoy.

I gifted my husband some books and a connex Pokémon set. I also bought him a ninetendo Lego and that was combo birthday and Christmas
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Sprite-1 Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Name: Tommy

Points: 3,066, Level: 8 Points: 3,066, Level: 8 Points: 3,066, Level: 8

Re: Holiday gift ideas! - March 21st 2021, 10:36 AM

Holiday gift ideas can be antique or vintage. Visiting outdoor flea markets while wearing masks these covid days for that special something can reveal an item that is rare and often very beautiful. It may take time to find that special gift, but it's wonderfully worthwhile and the hunt being leisurely is relaxing, happy and hopefully fruitful.

My family usually make gifts to give close friends, or to one-another. But yesterday at an open air flea market I spent rather a lot on an early 19th century hand carved chess set. Later when I'd boxed it, I gave it to my boyfriend Ted.

The chess set is antique. It looks incredible, because it's a one-off and very, very valuable because the chess set had provenance, great history of ownership including its maker. It was a WOW moment, but the look on Ted's face was the best of all. I knew I'd made the right choice!
Closed Thread