TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34

Christmas trees - December 9th 2020, 06:02 PM

We will be decorating our Christmas tree tonight. It's a real tree and my mum and uncle brought it home yesterday. We leave it overnight for the branches to fill out properly and then we decorate it, the following day.

What type of Christmas tree does everyone have- real or artificial? Also, any favourite decorations that you love to put on the tree? (Mine is some lovely glass baubles with holly on them )

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Christmas trees - December 9th 2020, 06:28 PM

We got rid of our old artificial for another artificial tree. Only this one has berries and pine cones on it as well so it's extra Christmassy. We haven't put baubles on it this year. Instead we put things like ribbons and decorative mittens so we can put little gifts in them.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Silvan Offline
Woodland resident
I can't get enough

Name: Sue
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 55,485, Level: 33 Points: 55,485, Level: 33 Points: 55,485, Level: 33

Re: Christmas trees - December 10th 2020, 08:19 AM

I've had a Christmas tree for a week now. We always buy a medium-height real one, but I'm thinking about getting an artificial one next year, because I don't want to support tree cutting anymore. The one we have now is decorated and lit by both white and colourful lights.

Graphic Designer Forum Moderator
ɤ
PM ¦ VM

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Wendi

Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14

Re: Christmas trees - December 12th 2020, 01:00 PM

We always buy a real one and this year got a tree with a substantial amount of root! This is rare. So what Sis and I did was place the tree is a very large pot filled with compost and a fitted water tray so on 12th Night we can lug it out and plant in the garden.

It's a large Nordic Spruce in attractiv blue-green. It was a Mother and a Father to bring in, it has to be the biggest we have ever had. Costly, too. But Maman paid well for it.

Hvaing a Christmas tree with roots has cheered me up a lot! That it can be left to grow higher still when dug in outside. I think we're onto a winner.

Hight? It's 3.5 metres and I have already dug a big hole in the garden after we planned its best position. The hole will be dunged in later to give our lovely tree a good start once spring arrives. I did board the hole over, mind. We don't want some idiot falling down it!
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34

Re: Christmas trees - December 12th 2020, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pork Chops View Post
We always buy a real one and this year got a tree with a substantial amount of root! This is rare. So what Sis and I did was place the tree is a very large pot filled with compost and a fitted water tray so on 12th Night we can lug it out and plant in the garden.

It's a large Nordic Spruce in attractiv blue-green. It was a Mother and a Father to bring in, it has to be the biggest we have ever had. Costly, too. But Maman paid well for it.

Hvaing a Christmas tree with roots has cheered me up a lot! That it can be left to grow higher still when dug in outside. I think we're onto a winner.

Hight? It's 3.5 metres and I have already dug a big hole in the garden after we planned its best position. The hole will be dunged in later to give our lovely tree a good start once spring arrives. I did board the hole over, mind. We don't want some idiot falling down it!
We have a Norway spruce as well. I'm intrigued that you have one with roots! More so that you can plant it into the garden afterwards! We used to have several Norway spruces growing in the garden but my old neighbours didn't like them as they blocked out the sun in their garden so they sadly had to go. I'd love to re-plant Christmas trees though!

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
Closed Thread