TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Proud90sKid Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: .

Points: 16,535, Level: 18 Points: 16,535, Level: 18 Points: 16,535, Level: 18

I feel like I cant actually stop smashing my phone - April 16th 2022, 01:34 AM

I keep going through a cycle where I buy an iphone, treat it well, and then 6 months so later deliberately smash it into a million pieces during an anger episode. I cant seem to go more than half a year without smashing a phone. Ive almost smashed electronic stuff at work out of frustration and hopefully I never do. Ive treated laptops really well and then like one day an email was slow sending and I start hitting it until the harddrive disk reader is corrupted and damaged by the shock. Then I regret it, use an alternative like a very old ipad for several days and then buy a new one promising myself never to damage it. Protecting it well and then only to smash it months later.

When I am in that level of anger, it makes me actually want to see the phone, laptop, etc destroyed. Even though I am aware of how I will regret it, I cant seem to make myself not want to see the complete destruction of it in that moment. Even if I go long periods of many weeks without almost throwing my phone, i find it will always still randomly one day happen.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Astro04 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Luca

Points: 4,806, Level: 10 Points: 4,806, Level: 10 Points: 4,806, Level: 10

Re: I feel like I cant actually stop smashing my phone - April 16th 2022, 07:38 AM

Try to think how much you have paid for them.
Really they needs to be destruct? They didn't hurt you. They don't deserve this!
Closed Thread