TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Oxford-AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine approved for use in UK - December 30th 2020, 10:52 AM

Today in the BBC it was announced that the Oxford-AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine approved for use in UK. They said they've enough for approximately 50 million people. Along with the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, the whole of the UK population should be covered.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55280671

I can't say I've completely kept up to date with who is the first to be inoculated other than those in care homes etc. I have to wonder about those next in line to receive it. What about those who live with vulnerable people yet aren't working in care, or aren't yet old enough?

I live with two people over 60. One of them has bad enough asthma they have to have an inhaler to help ease it. Surely amongst NHS staff and those living in care homes, or are over 80, could also be next to get it? What about those of us living with vulnerable people? Would we also get it? Or would it just be the vulnerable people themselves?

I've been trying my best to adhere to lockdown regulations the best I can. I keep telling myself to hold on just a bit longer... but I'm getting so fed up of being cooped up. I keep reminding myself I'm doing it for the benefit of my family, and for others around me. I keep reminding myself that if I keep sticking to lockdown regulations, the NHS will have one less person to deal with. Especially since right now they're already under terrible strain.

Hopefully this new vaccine will help speed things up.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: Oxford-AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine approved for use in UK - December 30th 2020, 11:17 AM

I also read this this morning, it's really good news. I hope that the vaccines will help us be able to ease some restrictions in a safe way and save lives at the same time.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34

Re: Oxford-AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine approved for use in UK - December 30th 2020, 04:52 PM

I didn't think about whether those living with vulnerable people would also get the jab....that's an interesting thought. It would make more sense to have those living with vulnerable to have the jab at the same time too, though I get the feeling it won't work like that.

I just wish we could fast forward until the pandemic is over but I know we have a while to go yet. But the news of the vaccine being approved is good news!

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Oxford-AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine approved for use in UK - December 30th 2020, 06:06 PM

Judging by what is written here https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55484408 it seems that my family will are in the middle ground area regardless, and though I live with them, I'm still bottom of the list. Though this is all just assumptions as it doesn't seem to really answer my questions.

Either way, I'm relieved that we're getting vaccines. Boris Johnson thinks we'll get back to normal by April. I think as much as I want to hold out hope, there'll still be challenges ahead.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Wendi

Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14

Re: Oxford-AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine approved for use in UK - December 30th 2020, 08:26 PM

Hopefully, at least for my dear sister, the promise of this Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine will take away all her anxiety and upset. It will also bring utter relief to older people especially those who are clinically highly vulnerable and extremely anxious, worried stiff at the terror of becoming infected and going to hospital. I know many much, much older than me and their frightened feelings are so understandable.

As someone who suffered Covid last spring and had to hvae oxygen, my twin sister in far worse condition, we know how ghastly, how frightening our experiences were. We went through very dark times. So this latest vaccine not needing the freezing cold storage will be the saviour of many, come this New Year.

A New Year of hope for millions! And the hope of going back to normality.
Closed Thread