TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Article Tools Search this Article Rate Article

Old
Creating life long friends.
by TeenHelp January 22nd 2023, 02:13 PM

Creating life long friends.
By Jade

I joined TeenHelp when I was 13 years old,and I will be turning 25 in 2 weeks. I joined because my parents were getting divorced, I was depressed, struggling with typical teen struggles, along with the divorce, moving from parent to parent, etc. I was thankful to find this page and become an active member. I received some really great advice, and I remember feeling so much better after reading responses to my post and realizing someone actually cared.

However, that’s not the reason I’m contacting you. I began befriending a young teen from England. Being from America, I though this was the coolest thing in the world that this guy my age from England wanted to befriend me. So, we exchanged email addresses, and began emailing, after a couple years of this, we started MSN voice messaging (that goes to show how long ago this was), through the years we moved up to Skyping, calling, face timing, etc.

He has graduated, and moved from England to Holland for a wonderful job. I have joined, and been medically retired, from the Air Force, had a failed engagement, medical emergencies, and moved across the US twice. It’s now 12 years later and we are still best friends, and love each other dearly…

I am flying to Holland for spring break (I’m now a sophomore in college for nursing), and we will finally be meeting face to face for the first time in 12 years of friendship!

I just wanted to thank whoever is in charge of this website, if by some miracle it’s the same people who started it all those years ago, that would be even better. Either way, THANK YOU for what you do. You really do make a difference in teens lives. We are living proof of this!
Views 642 Comments 1
Total Comments 1

Comments

(#2 (permalink)) Old
camilacabrera Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 250, Level: 2 Points: 250, Level: 2 Points: 250, Level: 2

Re: Creating life long friends. - December 11th 2023, 05:09 PM

It is great that everything is good now.