TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Homework Help If you're stuck with school work, ask in this forum for help from others.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
msfsteven Offline
Average Joe

Points: 9,519, Level: 14 Points: 9,519, Level: 14 Points: 9,519, Level: 14

Angry Homework & all that bs - November 14th 2011, 11:00 PM

Hi, I'm Steven. I came here to get advice or tips on making yourself do homework! UGH! It's the 2nd week of the 3rd 6 weeks and I'm already behind on... all of my (homework) assignments. I hate homework like I hate Justin Beiber. The thing that discourages me most, is that sometimes I really don't understand the material, and in order to fix that, I have to go after school or during lunch. -_- I hate school enough. If I do my homework, life is miserable. If I don't do homework, I fail. And life is miserable. So... please help?! Thanks in advance!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Hannah

Points: 8,729, Level: 13 Points: 8,729, Level: 13 Points: 8,729, Level: 13

Re: Homework & all that bs - November 15th 2011, 12:48 AM

You should get an after school tutor. Then she/he can help you do your homework after school and explain it better to you. Then it would be like the same amount of time you should have spent doing your homework but at least now you will understand it so it won't be as miserable. Haha

Or another option if your good at school then just do good on the tests and don't do the homework for most classes that should give you at least a C in the class.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
facade Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 21,567, Level: 21 Points: 21,567, Level: 21 Points: 21,567, Level: 21

Re: Homework & all that bs - November 15th 2011, 02:10 AM

Like you, I hate homework. I despise homework. I usually understand the information, I'm usually just too lazy to get it done. But, I've seen my grade go down because of my laziness. And that's what encourages me to do at least some of my homework. Personally, I always do the homework for the couple of most important classes (classes that I know that I really need the points from the homework because I'm struggling in it), or classes that I know the teacher is going to collect the assignment. And if it's something, something I know I will understand or can get through it quickly, I will do it in the morning before school. Since I take the bus, I have free time on my way to school and I get to school a lot earlier than my friends so I will write the equations down (for my math homework) or take a picture of the section of the book I was supposed to read and do it in the morning, before school.

So to summarize that up:
- Do the homework that is most important (in classes that you're struggling in or know that the teacher is going to check the next day)
- If it's something easy or simple, do it in the morning. I don't know what your schedule is, but maybe you can wake up half an hour earlier or so to make time to do your homework.

And my last tip, do any of your friends understand the work? You mentioned that you don't understand the work. So maybe you can ask them? A lot of my friends are either in the same classes as me, or have previously taken the class so they understand the work. So I suggest maybe you can ask your friends for help? Or maybe, ask your teachers questions during the lesson when you get confused. Or, us THers might be able to help! Start a thread!

Anyways,
I hope I helped some!
& depending in the classes that you're in, maybe I can help you.
Just message me or something, and we can try to figure it out.
<3
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
She.Smiles Offline
Butterfly, Fly.
Average Joe

Name: Kori

Points: 9,857, Level: 14 Points: 9,857, Level: 14 Points: 9,857, Level: 14

Re: Homework & all that bs - November 16th 2011, 10:29 PM

Hello There. I have totally been there. Sometimes you just need to sit down. Maybe put on some music or the television actually. I can do homework sitting in front of the tv because I will stay sitting there, and work on it. If you don't understand you could get a tutor or look it up online, I used yahoo answers to get my math explained to me quite a bit actually.
If it's where you understand the work, just can't sit down to do it; Try what I said above, or go to the public library. It's about discipline. Set yourself down and do not get up until the work is done. Failing a class is not fun. I had to take summer school, and I am still making up the other class that I failed because I did not try hard enough.
Hope you can get on track, and good luck.

Join my Hope Is Real page.
https://twitter.com/HopeIsRealxX
There is hope. Remember that. This page is to share your stories of hope or share your stories of struggle and let others give you hope. Get advice, comfort, or just be inspired
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
msfsteven Offline
Average Joe

Points: 9,519, Level: 14 Points: 9,519, Level: 14 Points: 9,519, Level: 14

Re: Homework & all that bs - November 17th 2011, 03:22 AM

Thanks, all three of you help a bunch, I'll definitely think about these pointers when I don't feel like doing homework.
Closed Thread