TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Anna

Points: 22,262, Level: 21 Points: 22,262, Level: 21 Points: 22,262, Level: 21

Feeling lonely, but extremely picky...? - May 31st 2012, 08:03 PM

So, guys, I have a problem.

Despite the fact that I've been asked out a total of five times since my ex and I broke up, none of the guys who have asked me have been my type. Don't get me wrong: I'm friends with all sorts of people. But...

I tried dating one of the guys who liked me, just to see what it was like. He was not only unintelligent, but I simply didn't feel anything for him like I remembered feeling for other guys. The first guy I ever dated, it was awesome right from the beginning; he was a hopeless romantic, and could debate me on the sanity of a thousand historical figures I looked up to, not to mention the older music we both loved. I guess he's a hard act to follow, for everyone after him.

But, then again...

I just feel so lonely! It feels awful, to have so much love in my heart, and to have no one to share it with. The only guy who's paid me any mind that I actually liked was coincidentally my first boyfriend's former best friend. All the band and choir kids went ice skating, and he helped me learn to skate and held my hand so I wouldn't be so scared of falling. A few days before that, I said I was cold and he lent me his jacket. He was absolutely thrilled when he heard I was joining marching band ('cause he's in it).

But I don't really know how to talk to him. He's been my friend for longer than a lot of people I know, and I know he flirts with a lot of people. But I don't know whether he likes me as more than a friend or not... And I'm terrified to ask. Not to mention that school's out, and I can't really talk to him that much, thanks to that.

Dear gosh.

Anna's Personal Keys to Happiness
1. Do what you want within the bounds of reason, whenever you want to, and regret nothing. 2. If you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or there isn't a point in saying it. 3. Don't keep the company of anyone who won't like you and will try to change you.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39

Re: Feeling lonely, but extremely picky...? - June 1st 2012, 12:45 AM

Are you completely over your ex? If not, that could be why its hard to feel anything for anyone else just yet. Its always in your best interest to wait until you are completely emotionally stable and free from your ex before you start dating again.
As for this one guy, try asking him about himself until you find something that you two have in common and just go from there. Conversation may be tough at first, but as you two get to know each other it should get easier.
Do you have his number or have him as a friend on Facebook? You can just start some conversations on those so that you two can still interact even though school is out.
As for him liking you, the only real way to find out is to tell him how you feel and to ask. But I think it would be best to hold that off for awhile until you build up some confidence and until you think he's giving off signals that he may have feelings for you too.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor
Closed Thread