TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
thelifeandtimes Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Emma-Marie

Points: 9,774, Level: 14 Points: 9,774, Level: 14 Points: 9,774, Level: 14

I'm confused and lonely, but I dont want to be in a relationship. - May 26th 2009, 11:13 PM

So I guess I should start this by saying that on Sunday I'll be sixteen and Ive never been in a relationship, kissed a boy, or anything of the sort. Now I know that there's nothing wrong with that, but it gets embarrassing when girls go in a circle admitting 'how far they've gone.' At school, all I hear is boys talking about pussy, or how they 'got some' over the weekend.

Maybe it's just the fact that I've never had a boyfriend, or that I've never done /anything/. It's just.. None of this has ever interested me. At all.

Today at school, my best friend told me about her adventure in the back seat over the weekend. And I was startled. I didn't know what to say, at all. And as if that wasn't enough, right after that in my science class, Bettina and Vicky started talking about how far they've gone, and that there must be something wrong with you if you've still be single and 'inexperienced' up until now.

I just think there's something wrong with me. I like boys, but they don't like me. I've only had two crushes in my life. One for two weeks (We just turned out to be good friends, who told each other EVERYTHING. Actually, he just told me about all the shit he did with girls at parties), and the other one has actually lasted for almost a year. Nothing's happened with either of these boys.
In fact, I don't even talk to them anymore. First crush (party boy?) became a bit of a jerk once he got a girlfriend, and second [kind of current, but just in the back of my head] crush is graduating, and goes to a different high school. The most I see of him is his facebook statuses.

I've seen what sex and 'other things' have done to most boys. I've lost at least for guy friends, because they've become cocky assholes after they got some ass.

I know I'm still young, and I have time to find someone, but what do I do about now? I don't want to be in a relationship, and I definitely don't want to mess around. I’m pretty confused, actually.
What’s wrong with me?

Who could deny these butterflies?

Myspace / thelifeandtimesof@live.ca
Subscribe to my youtube. (:
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Cookie.prose17 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Cookie

Points: 9,961, Level: 14 Points: 9,961, Level: 14 Points: 9,961, Level: 14

Re: I'm confused and lonely, but I dont want to be in a relationship. - May 26th 2009, 11:39 PM

There's nothing wrong with you. If you don't need sex to make your life exciting and fun as a teenager, then kudos to you. Maybe all of your friends are doing it because they feel like that's what teenagers are supposed to do--because they can, they will. They might even be compromising for something--something that you have. You have freedom, and independence, and individuality. Maybe they feel like sex can complete them. But by doing it this early on, and so casually, they've stripped the meaning of "making love" for themselves. When you have sex with someone (because you'll actually love this person), it will have a lot more meaning to you because you waited. If you're going to be single, anyway, indulge yourself. Walk into school with your head held up high, with a cute outfit on (not slutty, flattering: there's a difference), and a smile. Be confident. Make lots of guy friends, and approach them/talk to them casually. It will show everyone that even though you're a virgin, you know how to handle yourself around guys. You'll also appreciate how nice it is just to be friends with guys rather than sleeping around with them, because as their friend, you'll always get more out of a relationship with them (a friend) than a girl who sleeps around would (sex).

Be the girl that doesn't need a guy to be happy. Be the girl that guys like, but can't have. Because that's so much more appealing than a slut who gives herself up to every guy she's attracted to. Guys like a challenge as much as (if not more than) they like easy girls, but the difference is that boys will have the time to see you for you, not how good you are in bed. There is one thing that puts you on a whole 'nother level than the other girls--your dignity. Use this to your advantage. A girl who is beautiful and unattainable really appeals to guys. Work on your image, and your confidence--being a virgin is nothing to be ashamed of. It's something you should take pride in. There is nothing wrong with you. I've never even been kissed, and yet guys like me. I have a lot of admirers, and I don't let that kind of thing bother me. Don't let it bother you, either
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Points: 39,834, Level: 28 Points: 39,834, Level: 28 Points: 39,834, Level: 28

Re: I'm confused and lonely, but I dont want to be in a relationship. - May 27th 2009, 12:00 AM

It's your life. Everyone has their limits and wants. You just happen to have other needs and wants then other girls. There's nothing wrong with that, It's who you are. I'm sure some of the girls that talk about everything they've done with other guys turn out to be the ones that screw the whole football team. Guys don't respect that girl, but they respect you.

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
thelifeandtimes Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Emma-Marie

Points: 9,774, Level: 14 Points: 9,774, Level: 14 Points: 9,774, Level: 14

Re: I'm confused and lonely, but I dont want to be in a relationship. - May 27th 2009, 03:13 AM

Thanks guys.
It is a lot better to be respected then just thought of as a skank.

I'm just a little.. Afraid, I guess. :/
I'm not even sure why..

Who could deny these butterflies?

Myspace / thelifeandtimesof@live.ca
Subscribe to my youtube. (:
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Annoni Offline
Maker of long replies
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Nic

Points: 10,703, Level: 15 Points: 10,703, Level: 15 Points: 10,703, Level: 15

Re: I'm confused and lonely, but I dont want to be in a relationship. - May 27th 2009, 03:19 AM

If you can get through these next few years without needing a guy, that's great really. Relationships come with a lot of trouble at times, probably things you're not really ready for since you're not even interested. Random sex and making out and all the things in between don't help either, they're even worse for someone that doesn't really want them.
Embrace your current state of mind, it's quite a blessing. If I was a girl, I'd rather not brag about giving myself to some jerk so young.
You have tons of time to find a guy that will respect the way you are
Closed Thread