TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Nancegirl Offline
Nancy
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nancy

Points: 9,304, Level: 14 Points: 9,304, Level: 14 Points: 9,304, Level: 14

Lonely - August 18th 2009, 08:18 PM

I have depression and general anxiety disorder. I don't know anyone else with either of these conditions except my brother, who is leaving to go back to college in less than a week. I just found out that my "best friend" has been hooking up with the boy I've been seeing behind my back for quite some time. School starts in 2 days and I feel like I have absolutely no one. I don't want to leave my room but soon I won't have a choice and I don't think I am going to be able to handle it. I feel so low right now and I've been cutting myself again. I just don't know what to do I haven't felt this depressed in awhile. I feel like things will never get better and I have no one to turn to.

-Nancy
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Points: 16,273, Level: 18 Points: 16,273, Level: 18 Points: 16,273, Level: 18

Re: Lonely - August 18th 2009, 08:51 PM

Hey Nancy,

Being able to connect with people who understand what you're going through can be a key thing in helping up cope with these things. It's never easy to think you're alone. It's never easy to cope when you feel like that. However, I can assure you you're never alone, mmk? I know that it might be hard right now and you might feel like everything is just turning sour - but there will always be someone to come along and help. I realize this might be just a site to you, but there are many people who can relate to what you're feeling. Me, for example. Feel free to come to us and vent and such because we all really do want to help and make you feel welcome.

Though your brother is going and your best friend isn't really acting like such a nice friend, there will be others and you will get through this. Just because your brother is leaving doesn't mean you can't ever call or see him again. Make the last week with him amazing so you have things to keep you smiling. As for your friend, you deserve better. You deserve to be treated better and it's a shame your friend is ruining things because you are a wonderful person and your friend is missing out.

Don't let someone like that turn you from smiling through life and feeling good. If she's being like this, at least you know the truth and can find someone who deserves to be called your best friend. I know this is hard and I know it's easier to sit in your room, but you need to try. Try to get out of bed and hang with your brother while you can. Try to spoil yourself and maybe have a beauty spa day. Make an effort, and things will get better. It just takes time for the changes to settle in. This is a bran new year at school and you can meet new people and old people and new best friends. None of this is written in stone - remember that. Believe in yourself And in your strength. If you need anything AT ALL, please feel free to turn to me. You certainly do not have no one.

Have hope,
-Melissa

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
jinxed angel Offline
Helplessy Hopeless
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Siera

Points: 11,394, Level: 15 Points: 11,394, Level: 15 Points: 11,394, Level: 15

Re: Lonely - August 18th 2009, 09:27 PM

Hi Nancy,

I'm sorry you're going through this. But you still have time with your brother so hang out with him. As for you friend, she isn't worth it, and neither is that boy. They both did a bad thing to you and you should move on from them. There are other people and you can find better people to hang out with. Just have a good time before your brother leaves, and then move on from there. And try not to cut anymore, try other things. There is a list on the site and you can check it out.

Hope i helped.
~Siera

I'm so tired of pretending everything's okay, my tears are starting to show and my smile is fading away.
PM or VM me if you need me, I'm here if you need someone to talk to or to just listen. I also have most messangers if you want to talk on one of those.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 14,525, Level: 17 Points: 14,525, Level: 17 Points: 14,525, Level: 17

Re: Lonely - August 23rd 2009, 09:34 AM

hey nancy.

i understand that you're going through a lot. however, remember that you can always tell us no matter what happens because we know that the fact that there's someone to listen, is the most comforting knowledge in the whole world. just remember that not knowing anyone means that you can get to know anyone you want.. just remember that among the people you meet, there're bound to be those who you can really trust and understand, as well as share alla the happy moments together.

i know you'll meet those people. and remember you can always turn to us if you need anyone to listen. ALL OF US are all ears remember?

caring always. and realllllly, everything will get better, i promise you. we all promise you.

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!
Closed Thread