TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Liz94 Offline
Here I go again
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Elizabeth

Points: 14,814, Level: 17 Points: 14,814, Level: 17 Points: 14,814, Level: 17

feeling depressed and lonely - September 7th 2009, 07:44 PM

I know I have friends I just feel like they are only friends with me because they dont want me to kill myslef.

I feel so lonely I really like a boy he knows I do but asks me for girlfriends advice. Plus the only thing my friends talk about to me is my self harm, my depression or my eating. Or its them asking me for advice bout them feeling down and depressed.

Im just so depressed its like as soon as I go back to school I have another depression episode which has led to my SH being the worse its ever been and me binging and skipping meals again.

I cant really write how down I feel all I know is I dont see the point in life but am to much of a whimp to end it.

"Casting all your anxiety upon Him, because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

"For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." 2 Timothy 1:7

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:2

PM/VM me anytime
LIZ
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
i_am_me_again Offline
I'm A Pyschotic Neurotic.
I can't get enough

Name: Jaymi

Points: 37,322, Level: 27 Points: 37,322, Level: 27 Points: 37,322, Level: 27

Re: feeling depressed and lonely - September 7th 2009, 07:54 PM

Hi Liz.

Im glad that you are able to post how you feel, that takes courage and strenght.
Its also important that you know youhave your friends. They are friends who stick with you because you are you, not because you are suicidal.

You're young, you shouldnt be pressured into feeling lonely. If you like a boy go for it. If you dont feel comfortable talking about it, dont force yourself. As you get older, things will get easier. Honest.

If you feel you can talk about the negative issues then thats brilliant, a problem shared is a problem halved. And you obviously have caring friends who love you no matter what.

Ok, what you need to do, is talk to someone, you should go to a proffesional. Not only should you not be depressed, you shouldnt be self harming and if its school making you do this...you do need help. If there is something going on at school, like if you are being bullied, you do need to speak up. You need to speak up anyway, because its not right for you to 'fear' school.

You dont need to end it, youve got the whole world to get better and enjoy. Things may seem crap, but people care and people love you, is it really worth ending your life when its only just begining.

If things are rock bottom, they cant get worse..right?
So things must get better because they cant get worse.

I really hope you get the help you need.

Take it easy

Jaymi
xx

HelpLink Mentor & Forum Moderator

PM me!

Our lives are like music.
It hits its high and low notes,
But in the end,
It all turns into a perfect melody
Closed Thread