TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Anna

Points: 22,262, Level: 21 Points: 22,262, Level: 21 Points: 22,262, Level: 21

How to get over feeling lonely? - April 12th 2012, 03:39 AM

Alright, guys. I have a problem. Actually several, but this is the main one, and I'm approaching these problems one at a time and thoroughly determined to destroy them.

Basically, my last boyfriend left me four times for another girl, before finally moving away, leading me on into thinking we had/could have an LDR, then randomly finding a new girl to replace me.

I loved him, pure and simple. I miss him every day, and I'm damned tired of it. I've tried everything to move on. I've ranted about him to people, I've tried to convince myself I simply hate him, try to remind myself of the bad times. Doesn't work.

Don't say get out and do things with my friends, please. I have no life. I live in the middle of nowhere, where the highlight of most anyone's day is catching a catfish from the river, or perhaps seeing a deer cross the road. My mom is horribly protective of me, therefore even though I have two best friends, I can't go to one's house because evidently the girl's family is "crazy" -- not true.

My life consists of school, Facebook, walking alone in the woods, and sitting on a couch staring at a TV. Which totally doesn't help getting over my ex at all. The fact that he left me every damned time for some skinny little slip of a girl doesn't help my guilt at every meal whatsoever. I compare myself to every last one of them, and loathe them all.

Because all my friends have boyfriends, and even my best guy friend now has a girlfriend. No one that I like would like me in the way I like them, and I know it. It makes me feel very lonely, very empty, very depressed, and very angry. I'd love to have someone to love. I love the idea of having someone new, but there is no one here. I love the idea of being happy alone, but around here if you're alone for long, then something's wrong with you.

I need to figure out a way to get over him. I need to find a way to move on. I need to figure out how to find someone else in this stupid hellhole of a place. But I don't know how. Help, anyone?

Anna's Personal Keys to Happiness
1. Do what you want within the bounds of reason, whenever you want to, and regret nothing. 2. If you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or there isn't a point in saying it. 3. Don't keep the company of anyone who won't like you and will try to change you.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
ajcd Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,191, Level: 12 Points: 7,191, Level: 12 Points: 7,191, Level: 12

Re: How to get over feeling lonely? - April 12th 2012, 04:30 AM

Well, maybe you just havent met the right guy yet. Since you are too young to leave home yet, maybe just focus on what it will be like when you meet him. You should think about what you deserve, not how youve been treated. You dont need to be with anyone if you dont want to, dont let anyone tell you otherwise. I myself am christian, Im not sure what your beliefs are but i think that also has an impact on it. If you want to hear about God, send me a message and I'll try my best.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Flavalicious Offline
100% Coffee addict
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Felis

Points: 8,187, Level: 13 Points: 8,187, Level: 13 Points: 8,187, Level: 13

Re: How to get over feeling lonely? - April 12th 2012, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldora View Post
I loved him, pure and simple. I miss him every day, and I'm damned tired of it. I've tried everything to move on. I've ranted about him to people, I've tried to convince myself I simply hate him, try to remind myself of the bad times. Doesn't work.
Ranting about him and reminding yourself of the bad things he did won't help you to move on. In fact it will hurt you even more. If you really want to move on, you need to accept that he's not the one for you and he's not in your life anymore, let him go and forget about him.

Quote:
I'd love to have someone to love. I love the idea of having someone new, but there is no one
Quote:
here. I love the idea of being happy alone, but around here if you're alone for long, then something's wrong with you.

I need to figure out how to find someone else in this stupid hellhole of a place.
This is the last thing that I would suggest to someone but do you ever try online dating? If you don't like the idea of having LDR, you can always search for singles in your area. I think that's one option if you really feel like there's no potential people that you might like around you. But just remember to be careful as you want to get to know them better before giving out your number or meet any of them in person. And if it ever happens, try to meet up in public places. Just make sure you're safe

I hope everything turns out well with you. Good luck and take care!

Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and the delight in the recognition. - Alexander Smith

Change and growth take place when a person has risked himself and dares to become involved with experimenting with his own life. - Herbert Otto

Last edited by Flavalicious; April 12th 2012 at 05:23 AM.
Closed Thread