TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Name: Jess

Points: 24,318, Level: 22 Points: 24,318, Level: 22 Points: 24,318, Level: 22

jeep disease, part of puberty? - October 6th 2011, 08:31 PM

im not sure if this is part of puberty or something that should go in health feel free to move it
so i went to the doctors today and he said i have something they used to called jeep disease in world war 2. its an infection/cyst. I like to think i do a good job of keeping clean and i try my best to eat healthier. I am a little over weight but im not obese and it says that its most common in young men or males going through puberty its super embarassing that i have it especially because i am a girl it makes me feel filthy. it was caught early and i was given antibiotics but is this REALLY a 'disease' does 'condition' mean it never goes away?

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows.
It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
PM me if you need to talk about ANYTHING.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: jeep disease, part of puberty? - October 6th 2011, 08:48 PM

Just because it's more common in men, doesn't mean that females can't get it. Disease usually means that it doesn't go away, but here is a link with a bit more information: http://www.worldwidewounds.com/2003/...dal-Sinus.html

Since we aren't doctors, we can't really say what it's caused from and all that jazz. But, this is a bit more detailed information for you.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Re: jeep disease, part of puberty? - October 7th 2011, 02:45 AM

i've read about it, it didnt clear anything up for me it says disease then it says condition it says an operation or antibiotics can help it, but does that mean it doesnt go away or is it curable? its so confusing

It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: jeep disease, part of puberty? - October 7th 2011, 11:51 AM

Well, since I'm not a doctor, I can't answer these questions. I wish I could. You should contact your doctor again, the one who diagnosed you with this and see if they could answer any remaining questions you might have.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Re: jeep disease, part of puberty? - October 8th 2011, 02:02 AM

so humiliating im shamed. im it wont go away or will come back

(#6 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Points: 19,512, Level: 20 Points: 19,512, Level: 20 Points: 19,512, Level: 20

Re: jeep disease, part of puberty? - October 8th 2011, 02:14 AM

Between you and me, this is really embarassing, but I'm prone to male yeast infections.

In case you didn't know a yest infection takes place on the genitals, and 95% of all yeast infections occur in women, so it was really embarassing. It's just like an area covered in pus that turns purple, and to be honest it's really gross. I have a cream that clears it up in a day or two, but it's still freaking embarassing.

You are not alone with anything like this, and lots of other people get infections or dieases that are commonly found in the opposite gender. This doesn't make you any less of who you are.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Re: jeep disease, part of puberty? - October 8th 2011, 04:43 AM

It makes me feel a little better I guess, I'm sorry you get that it really does suck. This is gross to and it occurs in the cleavage of your bum. I'm on antibiotics I know it's only been two-three days but it doesnt seem to get anybetter and today it's really bothering me. It scares the hell out of me that the words "condition" and "disease" are tacked on it feel kind of devastating(seem like a dramatic word but its how it feels) to have a disease of any sort at all. It's scary/overwhelming

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27

Re: jeep disease, part of puberty? - October 8th 2011, 04:00 PM

From what I have read, it goes away but it can recur. So, it's kind of like if you get cold sores. Once you get one, they go away but it means you might get them again in your life.

Also, from what I read it's caused by a hereditary congenital defect in the skin of the lower spine. Therefor, it has nothing to do with hygiene. It then develops when you sit on your rear too much. Hence, sitting in class and then at a computer and then on the couch for some tv, then at the dinner table for food.

Also, it is more common in men, but females can get it. And it is most common for people between 15-24 to develop this.

Nothing to be embarrassed about. If you want embarrassing, I have a hemorrhoid. <.< Not exactly something I love to spread around, but just saying....there are plenty of "embarrassing" things out there. Most people would understand it's not your fault. Sooooo. Just try to not sit as much. Be more active. If you will be sitting for a long time or in a car even, be sure you are cushioned. Irritation while sitting is generally what causes the cysts to flare up.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Re: jeep disease, part of puberty? - October 11th 2011, 08:31 PM

thank you that makes it much easier to understand im not sure but i think its getting a little better but not very much, its hard to avoid sitting and especially on the bus where its bumpy thus why i guess it makes sense to have something caused sitting in a similar vehicle (bumpy jeep in stead of bus) I've been losing sleep over this though, i cant lie on my back which makes it so hard to sleep. i hope it gets better really really soon and doesnt come back

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Daydreaming Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Mikki

Points: 7,560, Level: 12 Points: 7,560, Level: 12 Points: 7,560, Level: 12

Re: jeep disease, part of puberty? - October 15th 2011, 04:57 AM

Hi, the same thing happened to me and im female. I definately never want one of those again.

I think mine also was caused by being inactive and riding a really bumpy bus every day (ow). Also my dad admits that he gets them once a year but he just pops them(dont do that), so someone in your family may have gone through the same thing.

I know exactly what you are going through while sleeping. Eventually the pain got so bad that I had to go have an operation to remove the cyst. Ive been jeepseat free a year now. Maybe you should find an experienced surgeon who has removed these kind of things before. The doctor told me that the cyst wont come back if you have it surgically removed.

Lastly, To help with the pain, I used a sturdy neck rest pillow to sit on.~ Try it. Be strong and i hope you feel better soon
Closed Thread