TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Maiden Offline
Bring It On
Average Joe

Name: Liadan

Points: 13,453, Level: 16 Points: 13,453, Level: 16 Points: 13,453, Level: 16

My girlfriend is way too passive in bed - January 20th 2012, 10:38 AM

My girlfriend is really passive in bed. She always just lies back and lets (makes) me do everything. She never initiates sex at all then takes a super passive role during the whole thing. I've tried asking her to be more dominant and to initiate sex more quite a few times and she always says she will but she never does. It's starting to really bother me because it means I never really enjoy sex. I mean I don't mind being dominant sometimes but after 3 and a 1/2 years of being together and always having to do everything, it's tiring. Sometimes I just want to be the one lying back and having things done to me, instead of the other way around.

It's getting more difficult because it's making me feel like having sex with somebody who does actually want to be more dominant with me and act like they actually want to have sex, someone who is going to respond passionately and forcefully.

Ever mind the Rule of Three: Three times what thou givest returns to thee: This lesson well, thou must learn: Thee only gets what thou dost earn.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: My girlfriend is way too passive in bed - January 20th 2012, 02:41 PM

Communicate. I know you've asked her to be more dominant, but also, make sure you actually talk to her directly about how it makes you feel. Also, talk to her about what she likes in bed. Maybe she really likes being controlled, and while you may want her to take a more leading roll, at least knowing directly what she likes may help you choose the actions that please her most. Make sure you communicate during sex as well.

In movies, the couple always looks at each other, and suddenly, the perfect sex explosion happens. Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that in real life. People will accidentally lean on somebody's hair, someone's foot falls asleep, you know, stuff happens. Communicate. That doesn't mean complete "Well put your hand there" conversations, but instead of just talking before and hope it happens, do something about it. Sometimes, when my boyfriend wants me to dominate, he moves in a way that puts me on top. You can think about doing that, it's a silent way of communicating "This is what I want you to do." Hope this helps a bit!

something burning?
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
TheCrowing Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Courtney

Points: 11,157, Level: 15 Points: 11,157, Level: 15 Points: 11,157, Level: 15

Re: My girlfriend is way too passive in bed - January 20th 2012, 02:57 PM

This is ironic that you mention this.. I had a similar with my 4 year relationship with my now ex girlfriend. She always accused me of being a 'pillow queen' and being the bottom.. but she never initiated it, and as soon as I did whatever for her, she just stopped and that was it.

Like the above said.. it's all about communication. You just have to tell her.. like.. hey, look.. this really isn't working for me. Especially because you have been in a relationship for so long, it's really going to be hard for her to hear now. But you have to tell her honestly how you feel. If you're obviously having thoughts about having sex with someone that is going to respond to you better, there's a lack of communication between you and your girlfriend. I felt the same way. Both of us did, actually, and that's a big reason why our relationship ended. Both of us wanted to be with other people, because we were sick of the lack of communication, especially when it came to sex.

So catch it now before something negative comes out of it. Talk to her about it.

"Although only breath, words which I command are immortal." Sappho

"Sometimes I feel nothing at all. Sometimes I feel everything is my fault.
Sometimes I feel the hate break my mind. Sometimes I feel they deserve it this time.
May the bridges I burn light my way." - I, Alone - Otep

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: My girlfriend is way too passive in bed - January 20th 2012, 06:48 PM

I'm going to have to agree with the others; maybe she likes to be controlled or is unsure of how to initiate sex. In my opinion, I'd stop initiating sex to see if she responds to that. I know if I were in your situation, and my boyfriend stopped initiating sex, I'd make a move to start it. Maybe she's just shy? Only you know you girlfriend, so you need to tell her how you feel.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Jamie

Points: 10,389, Level: 14 Points: 10,389, Level: 14 Points: 10,389, Level: 14

Re: My girlfriend is way too passive in bed - January 21st 2012, 02:14 AM

I think that's pretty selfish of her, but maybe that should be an indicator of a larger problem in the relationship if you've asked her to try to improve and she doesn't try at all.

If I'm entirely off-base on that, then I agree with the other posters. Don't initiate and see if she does.

Good luck!

I've never been afraid of the highest heights or afraid of flying high.
I've never been afraid of the wildest fights, not afraid of dying.

I guarantee you'll miss me, 'cause you changed the way you kiss me.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
niente_ Offline
Ex band geek, but still proud.
I've been here a while

Name: Niente

Points: 23,740, Level: 22 Points: 23,740, Level: 22 Points: 23,740, Level: 22

Re: My girlfriend is way too passive in bed - January 21st 2012, 06:58 PM

From your girlfriends side ... I'm quite passive in bed. I do feel bad about it. But I feel totally inexperienced compared to my boyfriend and I'm scared I'll do something wrong or it won't feel good for him and i'll feel embarrassed and stupid. (However I've actually told him that I feel bad that he does all the work but that I'm very self conscious on top, and he told me that it's okay so .... i guess it's different.)
But if she's anything like me she may be shy or uncomfortable doing certain things ... maybe she's had a bad experience in the past? Maybe she doesn't want to take charge and then disappoint. Maybe she's worried if she does something and it doesn't really work you would laugh or tell your friends or something .... obviously I don't know you and don't know if you'd do anything like that, but these are all things that run through my head when it comes to me.

Sometimes it's better to forget how you feel
and remember what you deserve

S. M ... still in my heart, forever
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread