TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Points: 11,614, Level: 15 Points: 11,614, Level: 15 Points: 11,614, Level: 15

Oh God Could I Be Pregnant?!? - October 12th 2012, 03:44 AM

Sooo a few days ago I forgot to take my pill... I took the two the next day, and another the day after. After that I had sex. That night I was lying in bed when I felt a random sharp pain in my lower right abdomen, assumedly where my ovaries are. This happened 3 days ago.

I'm sooooo scared I might be pregnant now. Since then I keep getting random stomach aches and slight nausea once in a while. The pain is that weird bloaty pain in my stomach, sometimes higher up but sometimes lower, and the pain in my pelvic area is sharp. Both are not constant. If I press on the right side of my lower abdomen I feel where the pain is coming from. This doesn't happen with the left side, though I have gotten a few random pains there. My lower back and my leg have also felt a few random pains.

I'm PRAYING I'm not pregnant. Please tell me if it seems plausible or if it might be something else (hoping it's a cyst or something). The only things that give me hope are the fact that my breasts are not tender. I've also been tired and had a slight headache today, but I'm hoping it's from stress and not sleeping. I've been taking birth control for quite a while now, and I rarely miss pills... is it likely that I might be pregnant? Could it kill the baby? I'm hoping it will if it's there (sorry if I seem horrible for saying that) and I almost wish I still smoked so that I could make sure nothing comes of this

My period is in a week and a half (but more like two since it shortens on the pill)... I'm so scared but that's probably the only way to be sure. Fuck, please, if it at all looks like some other condition like cysts or something... PLEASE tell me it would be so much comfort to me.

Edit: Also I want to mention, I'd rule out the stomach pains from being from eating... I've been eating proper for a while now. I've been under a lot of stress lately so these symptoms could be from that, but I doubt they'd so suddenly occur after that sharp pain, I've been under stress for months not just 3 days.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Daivia Offline
Why Hussie? Why?
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Maeve

Points: 13,420, Level: 16 Points: 13,420, Level: 16 Points: 13,420, Level: 16

Re: Oh God Could I Be Pregnant?!? - October 12th 2012, 03:58 AM

Ummm.... when did you have sex?
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Re: Oh God Could I Be Pregnant?!? - October 12th 2012, 04:01 AM

Two days after the day I forgot to take the pill (so i had 3 pills before I had sex again).
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Evanescent Offline
Love Is The Movement
I've been here a while

Name: Nicole (Nikki)

Points: 17,077, Level: 19 Points: 17,077, Level: 19 Points: 17,077, Level: 19

Re: Oh God Could I Be Pregnant?!? - October 12th 2012, 04:02 AM

Honestly you're not going to be able to tell after 3 days. It's a small possibility you could be pregnant but you won't even know for a couple weeks, it's too soon for it even to show up on a pregnancy test. Don't stress about it, if you really think you might be pregnant wait two weeks and take a pregnancy test.

"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars."

"For those who don't care, for those who can't see, never give up, always thrive to be free."

Smile, you are beautiful www.operationbeautiful.com

Blessed Be!
Nicole AKA Nikki
Artist, Poet, and Future Social Worker
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Re: Oh God Could I Be Pregnant?!? - October 12th 2012, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evanescent View Post
Honestly you're not going to be able to tell after 3 days. It's a small possibility you could be pregnant but you won't even know for a couple weeks, it's too soon for it even to show up on a pregnancy test. Don't stress about it, if you really think you might be pregnant wait two weeks and take a pregnancy test.
THANK YOU I hope I'm not that's the last thing I need right now.

Do you think it could be like a cyst or something then? Cause the symptoms are definitely unusual and stand out enough for me to notice them, and I've been taking care of myself (except for maybe lack of sleep) so something's got to have gone wrong down there...
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Oh God Could I Be Pregnant?!? - October 12th 2012, 04:10 AM

I'm going to assume that this was a fairly recent event by the way you wrote the post. If this is the case, you wouldn't be experiencing ANY kind of symptoms a mere 3 days later. Since you missed a few pills, it would be that you ovulated, where you would experience pain the ovary in whic you're ovulating from. Normally, you don't ovulate while on birth control, however, it CAN happen.

If its been more than 2 weeks since this incident occurred, you could take a pregnancy test. It's the only way to know if you're pregnant or not. I can say, though, that no matter if you're having protected or unprotected sex, there is always a chance for pregnancy since nothing is 100% except for abstinence.

Also, even after two weeks, you wouldn't be experiencing symptoms either.

Take a test to ease your mind.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Re: Oh God Could I Be Pregnant?!? - October 12th 2012, 04:18 AM

I feel kinda stupid now, I guess I knew it would be unrealistic to feel symptoms in 3 days. But I also tried researching as much as I could about symptoms, and a lot of sources kept telling me about all these symptoms happening within the first week. So sorry, but thank you guys.

Perhaps the ovulation happened then, I missed it dead on the usual ovulation part of the cycle. I wonder what it is though, I randomly feel pretty sick. I guess I'll have to go to the doctor n find out though.

Thanks again guys, you help so much
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Points: 22,249, Level: 21 Points: 22,249, Level: 21 Points: 22,249, Level: 21

Re: Oh God Could I Be Pregnant?!? - October 12th 2012, 06:17 AM

Honestly, you being nervous and freaked out about it can make you feel sick. Even if you're freaking out subconsciously.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Evanescent Offline
Love Is The Movement
I've been here a while

Name: Nicole (Nikki)

Points: 17,077, Level: 19 Points: 17,077, Level: 19 Points: 17,077, Level: 19

Re: Oh God Could I Be Pregnant?!? - October 12th 2012, 07:38 PM

Don't feel sorry, it's always helpful to have someone else's opinion to help ease your mind. And as with the cyst: I have ovarian cysts and they are VERY painful, usually right before they rupture, especially when they rupture, and after they rupture. But birth control helps a lot with cysts and controlling them, so it's probably not a cyst but I am not a doctor so if you are still concerned the only way to know is to go to the doctor. I hope this helps.

"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars."

"For those who don't care, for those who can't see, never give up, always thrive to be free."

Smile, you are beautiful www.operationbeautiful.com

Blessed Be!
Nicole AKA Nikki
Artist, Poet, and Future Social Worker
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
The Beckehh Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Beckehh :3

Points: 6,927, Level: 12 Points: 6,927, Level: 12 Points: 6,927, Level: 12

Re: Oh God Could I Be Pregnant?!? - October 13th 2012, 11:17 AM

If you forgot to take your pill, you should take it as soon as you remeber and shouldn't have unprotected sex for about 5 days aftewards otherwise there is a risk that you could become pregnant :3
Closed Thread