TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Possible rape, I think I'm pregnant? - October 14th 2012, 12:14 AM

This may sound really stupid to you if you're reading this, but my anxiety is making everything feel worse.

So, about two weeks ago, I had a dream where a guy was having sex with me. I actually ended up feeling him inside me. I woke up, and I was bleeding. I had my period the week before, and I'm regular so it wasn't my period.

I told my mom, and she doesn't think anything happened to me, but I'm freaking out.

I've been eating more, and I haven't thrown up in the morning, but I do feel sick. I realize this may be part of my anxiety.

If I don't get my period this month, I'm going to be really upset. Honestly, I have never wanted my period this bad before. I told my really cllose friend, and I was thinking of going to the 7-11 by my house to try to buy pregnancy tests. They sell condoms, so they might sell pregnancy tests. Is there a specific age for buying tests?

Can you give me advice? I'm freaking out. I can't carry a life inside of me, I'm only fourteen.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
MidnightMay Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 11,638, Level: 15 Points: 11,638, Level: 15 Points: 11,638, Level: 15

Re: Possible rape, I think I'm pregnant? - October 14th 2012, 12:41 AM

It sounds normal to me to bleed even after your period after a couple of days because I had several times. I would say if it would ease your mind wait till your next period and wait till after you miss it to test. There is no age limit to buying one but if you settle down from everything and don't feel it anymore and your mind has settled then I would skip buying one. I have dreams and feel like i feel someone in me and I also waking up feeling like I just had it but mine is probably hormones. Since I am pregnant and it has become a nightly thing of sex dreams. Good Luck> Feel free to PM if you need to talk!!

feel free to PM me...

Always keep a smile on your face and Lots of love in you heart! <3

Dont wear a mask and suffocate
take it off and breathe

Earth without ART is just EH...
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
escape♥ Offline
Happiness is waiting for you<3
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Paula

Points: 11,886, Level: 15 Points: 11,886, Level: 15 Points: 11,886, Level: 15

Re: Possible rape, I think I'm pregnant? - October 14th 2012, 01:50 AM

Hey Cassie
Well, seeing as it was just a dream, I wouldn't try and worry too much.
I've had friends whose bodies have reacted to traumatic dreams. For example, a friend of mine had a dream that she got stabbed in the ribs, and she woke up with blood on her shirt with no visible wound, and pain for a few days.
Personally, I would try and take a test just for ease of mind, but honestly don't worry too much.
Take care, and feel free to message me.
<3
~paula

If you're looking for a sign not to kill yourself tonight, this is it.
"May the odds be ever in your favour"
"A strong person is one who can smile this morning like they weren't crying last night."
Your never alone, I'm always here for you. Shoot me a VM or PM.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Possible rape, I think I'm pregnant? - October 14th 2012, 03:38 AM

Honestly, it was just a dream and there was nothing to worry about.

You're young, so bleeding in between periods is completely normal. Sometimes dreams just seem much more real than they really are. Vivid dreams, and the like, can make you feel as if something truly happened. In any case, who would have been the one to perform the rape? Was anyone staying in your home during the time that this happened.

In any case, you need to stop worrying. Anxiety, stressing and worrying can make you have an hysterical pregnancy, where your body makes you believe you're pregnant. You also wouldn't be experiencing any kind of pregnancy symptoms this early. It's only been two weeks since this "incident" occurred, and symptoms occur 6-8 weeks after conception.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Points: 22,249, Level: 21 Points: 22,249, Level: 21 Points: 22,249, Level: 21

Re: Possible rape, I think I'm pregnant? - October 14th 2012, 05:55 PM

To answer your other question, no, there is no age requirement in order to buy a pregnancy test.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
FallingForGrace Offline
Person You Can Count On
Average Joe

Name: Kandi

Points: 7,505, Level: 12 Points: 7,505, Level: 12 Points: 7,505, Level: 12

Re: Possible rape, I think I'm pregnant? - October 18th 2012, 12:54 PM

Anyone can buy a pregnancy test.
Honestly, the most logical situation was that you did just have a dream, however, so many things happen in the world (people drugging you, you being a deep sleeper) that if you feel like you need assurance, I say you should get a pregnancy test just to ease your mind. Bleeding after your period can happen. You can't always count your period to be like an alarm clock, that goes off in the same way and at the same time. And the feeling sick and eating more, all those things are symptoms from anxiety. I've had instances when I thought I was pregnant and basically did everything a pregnant person does, just because I really thought I was. The mind can be a very powerful thing.

No matter what, I am here for you.
Closed Thread