TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lion Heart Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Caite

Points: 8,346, Level: 13 Points: 8,346, Level: 13 Points: 8,346, Level: 13

Might be pregnant? - October 2nd 2013, 05:28 AM

I have not gotten my period in two months now. I went to the doctors office today and they will call me in a few days to let me know if my test comes back positive. I'm posting here because if it does come back positive I want some time to go over my options and feel secure. I am comfortable with the idea of abortion but I also feel a little off about it.

Some concerns I do have is if I am pregnant then I was drinking and smoking heavily through the first month. I don't know if that will have had any effects on the baby so early in the pregnancy. I'm 20 and make a decent income so I should be able to handle it just fine if I end up having an abortion.

Anyone gone through this before?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DemonQueen Offline
amber_teh_shark since 2004
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Amber

Points: 15,178, Level: 17 Points: 15,178, Level: 17 Points: 15,178, Level: 17

Re: Might be pregnant? - October 2nd 2013, 01:11 PM

A lot of women smoke and drink in the first month of their pregnancy. Many don't know that they're pregnant so they go about their lives, which is fine. Many doctors say that the alcohol shouldn't harm the baby BUT that you shouldn't continue to drink for the remainder of your pregnancy, except for the occasional glass of wine.

I have had both a child and an abortion. If you need to talk about abortion, please PM me. You just need to focus on what you think will be the right and best decision for yourself.

I've been through hell and back and came out stronger than ever.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26

Re: Might be pregnant? - October 2nd 2013, 05:28 PM

A lot of women either smoke or drink, or do a number of things that you shouldn’t while pregnant in the first month because they don’t know they are pregnant yet. I know I drank in the first month because I had no idea. More often than not this does not affect the baby because it’s so early on in development. As long as you currently refrain, that is more important.

I think you should wait and find out the result before you decide what you want to do. You never know how you are going to feel when you find out for sure that you are or are not pregnant.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15

Re: Might be pregnant? - October 2nd 2013, 10:15 PM

Well, the first months are critical. No one knows how much is too much and where the line is. What I would be more concerned about lack of prenatal vitamins. Females should be taking a multivitamin with folic acid in it because that critical period occurs before women know they are pregnant.

You do have other options including adoption too.

Also, a home test is cheap and after two missed periods, you should be testing positive.
Closed Thread