TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Fallen_Angel Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Coral

Points: 9,587, Level: 14 Points: 9,587, Level: 14 Points: 9,587, Level: 14

Pregnant!!!!!!!! - November 10th 2009, 10:53 PM

about 3 days ago i found out i was pregnant. i told my boyfriend. and he got mad at me for not telling him i thought i was pregnant at all. but i dont know how to tell my parents. my mom had 3 kids before she was 18 but she still is going to be really mad. i know i screwed up and i made a big mistake. but my parents are probably going to kick me out if not send me somewhere. how can i tell them where they will let me explain that i know what i want to do and thought it through alot without them automatically going of the deep end?????/

(#2 (permalink)) Old
♥BJG♥
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Miss Barbie J

Points: 9,388, Level: 14 Points: 9,388, Level: 14 Points: 9,388, Level: 14

Re: Pregnant!!!!!!!! - November 10th 2009, 10:57 PM

This is a sticky situation. As for you Bf well there's not much you can do about his anger cuz well it's too late you know? no use being mad now/ And as for your parents Im not sure there is a way to side step their anger all together so you'll have to brace yourself for that. But making sure you tell them in the right place/ location might ease some of the tension.

btw (congratz!)

<----Yea I totally look like that
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...
I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Points: 26,681, Level: 23 Points: 26,681, Level: 23 Points: 26,681, Level: 23

Re: Pregnant!!!!!!!! - November 10th 2009, 11:18 PM

Hey Coral,
If your mother experienced having three children young then she is bound to come around to you having a child young.
Parents often aren't expecting to hear that their children are having children, they probably still see you as their baby so to find out you're pregnant or for any parent to find out their young daughter is pregnant is shocking.
Is going through with having this baby something you really want to do?
You really have to weigh up your options and make the best decision for you and no one else. Of course people can tell you what they think is right but ultimately it's you who is going to have to live with the consequences of the decisions you and your boyfriend make right now. Are you ready for a child or do you think you would be unable to cope?
Parents usually take some time to get their heads round to these things. I'm sure you'll end up figuring out what you want and eventually your boyfriend will be absolutely fine with you once he manages to get his head around things.
Best of luck to you.
PM me anytime, Paige
xox
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
puala__koala Offline
Average Joe

Points: 11,631, Level: 15 Points: 11,631, Level: 15 Points: 11,631, Level: 15

Re: Pregnant!!!!!!!! - November 10th 2009, 11:28 PM

first of all, i wanna say that your mom will understand. i mean your familys not gonna be happy, but they know that things happen people fuck up.

also, if you dont think youre ready to have a kid then you might wanna think about the other options (like abortion and adoption.. unless youre pro life, then theres just adoption). if you dont feel that youre ready to have a kid then you really should think about adoption. you can chose the parents, and you can stay in touch wiht them. its just an option tho.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Nicolette Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Nicolette

Points: 12,657, Level: 16 Points: 12,657, Level: 16 Points: 12,657, Level: 16

Re: Pregnant!!!!!!!! - November 11th 2009, 04:01 AM

Tell your parents and explain to them that this is the time in your life that you need them most, own up to your mistake but tell them that you're fully ready to deal with the conciquences. Let them guide you and help you figure this out, if you put them on that spot that you NEED their support right now they'll most likely be understanding and do the right thing.

"When it comes down to it I let them think what they want, if they care enough to bother with what I do then I'm already better than them." Marilyn Monroe.
Closed Thread