TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
FanaticReader Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Katie

Points: 9,882, Level: 14 Points: 9,882, Level: 14 Points: 9,882, Level: 14

Chances of Becoming Pregnant? Concerned - July 26th 2010, 05:57 PM

So my boyfriend and I had protected sex with a condom on July 8th, a week after my last period. We were in a sleeping bag at night so it was a confined space and we couldn't really see much, but he wore a condom and came, like usual, but afterwards I felt especially wet down there, like the condom broke or leaked or something. Except the condom was still fully on him when he pulled out and when I felt the wetness, and he checked for holes carefully afterwards in the bathroom and saw none. I figured I was for some reason especially wet, but I've never been that wet after sex, and that's the only reason I was concerned..maybe it we were just particularly sweaty I don't know...I haven't felt any different though--no swollen breasts, no morning sickness, no difference in my discharge etc. My period has been relatively regular since January so I'm expecting my period sometime in the first week or so of August. I've smoked pot 3 or 4 times this month and I was wondering if that my have any effect on my period..and when can I take a pregnancy test?
So am I just being paranoid? Or what are the odds that I could be pregnant? Thank you!

Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world. - Nelson Mandela
There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered. - Nelson Mandela
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Annie

Points: 11,688, Level: 15 Points: 11,688, Level: 15 Points: 11,688, Level: 15

Re: Chances of Becoming Pregnant? Concerned - July 26th 2010, 06:34 PM

The female body naturally secretes lubrication but it could depend on how aroused you were. Sweat is another possibility. It would be a little bit too early for most physical signs and some girls don't even have physical signs before their first missed period. I would consider going to the store and looking at the boxes of pregnancy tests to see when they recommend for their usage and the accuracy related to early usage. Most are most accurate after the due date of the period.

Stress can affect your period, but I have never heard of pot affecting your period. I would wait till you miss your period before spending money on a test as if the condom didn't have any noticeable holes, it's unlikely you are pregnant.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Mel14 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Points: 12,446, Level: 16 Points: 12,446, Level: 16 Points: 12,446, Level: 16

Re: Chances of Becoming Pregnant? Concerned - August 7th 2010, 07:23 AM

I think you're just stressing! I don't know why but a lot of girls [including me] imagine the worst possibilities and scare themselves. I wouldn't worry. Just relax and get your mind off of it.
Best wishes!

I'm a house of cards in a hurricane.
A reckless ride in the pouring rain.
He cuts me and the pain is all I wanna feel.
He'll dance away just like a child.
He drives me crazy, drives me wild.
But I'm helpless when he smiles.

He broke my heart when I broke his xbox360

Cherry Cherry Boom Boom
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Kasey Leigh Offline
Helping Hand
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kasey Leigh McGavisk

Points: 8,569, Level: 13 Points: 8,569, Level: 13 Points: 8,569, Level: 13

Re: Chances of Becoming Pregnant? Concerned - August 12th 2010, 04:00 AM

You're very likely not pregnant.
Other than cheap. or expired, condoms are very effective if used correctly.
Your body naturally will produce more lubrication on certain days of your cycle.
Many women notice they're much more wet on days when they're ovulating.

Weed won't affect you're period, but stressing over it can.
To reassure yourself, always take a pregnancy test a week after your missed period.

Kasey~ ~Leigh
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
WashoutThePain Offline
=]
Outside, huh?

Name: Ask Away!

Points: 52,404, Level: 32 Points: 52,404, Level: 32 Points: 52,404, Level: 32

Re: Chances of Becoming Pregnant? Concerned - August 12th 2010, 07:02 PM

There are a wide variety of reasons you could have been more wet- sweat (yours or his) and natural lubrication (could have been effected by what you ate, or exercise), for example. You said your period was to come around the first week in August (which has passed), did you get your period?

Since this thread was bumped right before it would have closed, I will close this now. Feel free to make a new thread if you have further questions, or message me.

Thanks,
-Amy

Closed Thread