TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
doll_parts Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,874, Level: 14 Points: 9,874, Level: 14 Points: 9,874, Level: 14

Exclamation can u get pregnant by 'dry' sex? - January 26th 2009, 04:38 AM

i'm really worried i might be pregnant, i have all the symptoms such as stomach cramps, missed period, cravings, mood swings, etc but i haven't had proper sex recently enough to be pregnant now. ive had direct contact with like the pre cum stuff which i think can make u pregant but it just seems so unlikely. i do have a paranoid nature but all the symptoms seem to fit pregancy. i was just wondering if there is any evidence of anyone who has actually had a baby without having penetrative sex?

i'm 17 and i'm planning to go to uni this year so obviously it would be a rele bad time to have a baby...
also i have been binge drinking, probly about 3 times since i thought i might be pregnant. my friend did this when she was about a month preganant (without knowing) and she miscarried. i don't belive in abortion or anything so idk what to do if i am pregnant cos i've always wanted babies but just not at this time in my life!!

i dont know if anyone can actually help i think i'm mainly just venting my feelings out but please suggest anything if u like x x
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
VanishingActs Offline
~kiss it better~
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Vicki

Points: 12,010, Level: 15 Points: 12,010, Level: 15 Points: 12,010, Level: 15

Re: can u get pregnant by 'dry' sex? - January 26th 2009, 04:45 AM

The only way to get pregnant is if cum/pre cum went anywhere near the entrance of your vagina. Although the amount of sperm in pre cum is not as much than as is cum there is still enough to get you pregnant. You don't have to necessarily have to have sex to get pregnant. For example: If the guy had just been touching himself and then he fingered you without washing it off his hands then it could be possible.

Remember, if you think you are pregnant then you often start to look for the symptoms and may become more and more paranoid. I understand it is hard but do try to relax. We can't tell you if you are pregnant. You can go to your doctor for a blood test 5 days after unprotected sex or get a pregnancy test (available over the counter in most stores) around 14 days after.

I hope everything works out for you.

Take care,
Vicki

Live on love.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
doll_parts Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,874, Level: 14 Points: 9,874, Level: 14 Points: 9,874, Level: 14

Re: can u get pregnant by 'dry' sex? - January 26th 2009, 06:57 AM

so its possible for someone to be pregnant if they are a virgin then?! thats really weird!
thank you for your help though i think i am likely to just be exaggerating but i will wait a little while and then do a pregancy test if my period doesn't come and then if its positve thats when i can start to worry :| x x
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Claire Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Claire

Points: 10,758, Level: 15 Points: 10,758, Level: 15 Points: 10,758, Level: 15

Re: can u get pregnant by 'dry' sex? - January 26th 2009, 07:07 AM

I think its extremely unlikely you are pregnant hun, so i wouldn't read too much into your symptoms. It often takes a while for symptoms to be there anyway, especially cravings which don't happen for the first 3 months.

of course it is possible you are pregnant so take a test, but its highly unlikely. As for drinking, that wouldn't have been the reason for your friends miscarriage. I didn't know I was pregnant until I was 8 weeks, and I had drunk a lot but I was fine. Its prolonged drinking that is a problem and leads to birth defects, not usually miscarriage so please don't worry.

As for your missed period, go and see your doctor. Even if you aren't pregnant, there must a cause for your missed period even if its just stress, so if your still late after a negative test, please see your doctor x
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
BrittneyNicole Offline
live with intention.
I've been here a while

Name: Brittney

Points: 21,441, Level: 21 Points: 21,441, Level: 21 Points: 21,441, Level: 21

Re: can u get pregnant by 'dry' sex? - January 26th 2009, 05:49 PM

You can't really rely on symptoms when it comes to determining if you are pregnant. If you think your are pregnant, you need to take a pregnancy test. If you had sexual contact with the genital area, there could be a CHANCE that you are pregnant if pre-cum got near or on your vagina. If you aren't already, you might want to consider birth control and condoms if you are going to continue sexual relationships.

"You've just been B-Wildered." -Brian Wilson <3
Trumpet love; Tenderlips.

"Where there is love there is life."- Mahatma Gandhi

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

(#6 (permalink)) Old
jessica1122 Offline
Michael's Girl
Average Joe

Name: Jessica

Points: 11,043, Level: 15 Points: 11,043, Level: 15 Points: 11,043, Level: 15

Re: can u get pregnant by 'dry' sex? - February 16th 2009, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanishingActs View Post
You don't have to necessarily have to have sex to get pregnant. For example: If the guy had just been touching himself and then he fingered you without washing it off his hands then it could be possible.
Actually no that is not possible, sperm dies within a minute of coming in contact with oxygen

~~Jessica and Michael~~

We started dating 11/22/08
He told me he loved me on his 8th birthday
And i never believed he still would
After all that time....
until the day that changed my life
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
in/flux Offline
Average Joe

Points: 9,877, Level: 14 Points: 9,877, Level: 14 Points: 9,877, Level: 14

Re: can u get pregnant by 'dry' sex? - February 27th 2009, 10:55 AM

^ Actually, it is possible. However, the chances are very slim.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
FranklinF Offline
Average Joe

Points: 9,739, Level: 14 Points: 9,739, Level: 14 Points: 9,739, Level: 14

Re: can u get pregnant by 'dry' sex? - February 28th 2009, 01:42 AM

SERIOUSLY did no one pay attention in sex ed? SPERM DOES NOT DIE IT COMES IN CONTACT WITH OXYGEN how do you think sperms banks or invitro works with sperm? they cant take the oxygen out. god read a book.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
J&M's Mommy Offline
Formerly SilasLove:)
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Kala

Points: 14,585, Level: 17 Points: 14,585, Level: 17 Points: 14,585, Level: 17

Re: can u get pregnant by 'dry' sex? - February 28th 2009, 04:25 AM

Like others have said, just wait it out and take a test if your period does not come. Your chances of being pregnant are not that high; but anything is possible. Good luck.

Single Mommy since July 2011
Joseph, 4 and Madelyn, 3

my back-to-back babies are 1 year, 1 week and 1 day apart.
Closed Thread