TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
fullofsecrets Offline
Witness
Average Joe

Name: Kristin

Points: 12,176, Level: 16 Points: 12,176, Level: 16 Points: 12,176, Level: 16

Could I be pregnant? - April 11th 2011, 05:39 AM

Me and my boyfriend were fooling around and we usually use a condom but we hadn't put one on yet and some of his precum dripped near my entrance...according to my period tracker, I'm fertile and will be ovulating tomorrow.

I've heard that you can only get pregnant once a month, but I've heard different things from different doctors even, so I honestly don't know what's true. I'm in college so I can probably go get Emergency Contraception- but I've heard that it makes some women REALLY sick, and I'm a little scared of pumping my body full of unnecessary hormones and getting sick. I do not even use birth control because my doctor put me on three totally different types, even hormone free, and I just had horrible reactions to all of them.

So do you think I can get pregnant from this? Is it worth waiting to see if I get my period (due in about two weeks now)? What should I do?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Quartet Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Melanie

Points: 11,640, Level: 15 Points: 11,640, Level: 15 Points: 11,640, Level: 15

Re: Could I be pregnant? - April 11th 2011, 05:49 AM

Yes, wait.
Don't stress yourself, it will only stop your period from coming. You can also put your body in a state that believes its pregnant if you continue to stress on it.

I'd say wait the two weeks and take the pregnancy test at LEAST 3 days before your missed period, this will ensure you the best results. It's best to do it after a missed period, but I understand the anxiety.

Accidents are always possible. Just try and be more careful if you want to prevent a pregnancy.

Colours De Moi

(#3 (permalink)) Old
BeautifulBecca Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Beckah

Points: 8,272, Level: 13 Points: 8,272, Level: 13 Points: 8,272, Level: 13

Re: Could I be pregnant? - April 11th 2011, 07:01 PM

Hey hun.
You should wait for your period, if nothing happens- then do a test. Don't stress about it- believe me, I did the same and when I did find out I was pregnant, I felt so bad for being so stressed out for the baby!
I'm sure everything will be fine hun, I'm always here to talk to if you need help!
x <3
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
ChrisB Offline
Average Joe

Name: Christopher

Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15

Re: Could I be pregnant? - April 11th 2011, 07:13 PM

Hey there.
I would also agree and say to wait,
The only way to get pregnant from precum is if your partner ejaculated shortly before hand and didnt go to the bathroom in between.

I know that it is hard not to stress out but also stressing out can cause youre period to be off track and not come when you would normally get it.
But like Melanie said wait at least 3 days before your missed period to do anything.

I understand this is not a daily thing but just make sure you be careful.
If you have any questions please feel free to PM me at anytime!

Take care!

-Chris
Closed Thread