TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
PureLithium Offline
Equestrian
Average Joe

Name: Alex

Points: 15,413, Level: 18 Points: 15,413, Level: 18 Points: 15,413, Level: 18

Missed my pill...is there a chance I could get pregnant? - October 23rd 2011, 02:08 PM

Okay, so Friday night I took my pill on time, as usual. Then I went and had sex with my boyfriend, he came in me blah blah blah. Well, the next day, Saturday night, I forgot to take my pill at 9 but I didn't have sex. I remembered to take my pill today (Sunday at 9:45am) and I will take my pill again at my regular time. Is there a high chance I could get pregnant from forgetting to take it even though I had sex the night before I forgot?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Points: 22,249, Level: 21 Points: 22,249, Level: 21 Points: 22,249, Level: 21

Re: Missed my pill...is there a chance I could get pregnant? - October 23rd 2011, 03:05 PM

There's not a high chance, but there is a chance.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Jesus Christ. Offline
Führer of the sausage people
I can't get enough

Points: 25,671, Level: 23 Points: 25,671, Level: 23 Points: 25,671, Level: 23

Re: Missed my pill...is there a chance I could get pregnant? - October 23rd 2011, 03:37 PM

There is always a chance you'll get pregnant if you're having sex.
But since you've been regularly taking them properly it's going to be just as effective as if you hadn't missed it. Though that isn't to say that you can miss it more often, a one off doesn't make much effect.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Verità Offline
Formerly KeeperOfMysteries
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Alice

Points: 13,234, Level: 16 Points: 13,234, Level: 16 Points: 13,234, Level: 16

Re: Missed my pill...is there a chance I could get pregnant? - October 23rd 2011, 04:04 PM

The pill is most effective if you it at the same time every day. Since you missed one, it will probably raise your risk of pregnancy, but not by a lot. Keep taking your pills at the regular time, and try not to stress out. Stress can cause you to miss your period, or you could begin imagining symptoms of pregnancy. If anything seems suspicious, take a pregnancy test or visit your doctor.

’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the [mome raths] outgrabe.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Points: 32,255, Level: 25 Points: 32,255, Level: 25 Points: 32,255, Level: 25

Re: Missed my pill...is there a chance I could get pregnant? - October 23rd 2011, 08:45 PM

Read the information that came with your birth control. Mine says that if you miss one, it's very highly unlikely you'd get pregnant, but that's mine. Honestly, I've taken mine at the wrong time a few times now & I've never had a problem, although this is definitely discouraged.

I doubt you'll get pregnant, but if you're unsure, take a pregnancy test at some point (instructions with the test say when to take it). I think it's too soon to tell right now.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
I can't get enough

Points: 42,913, Level: 29 Points: 42,913, Level: 29 Points: 42,913, Level: 29

Re: Missed my pill...is there a chance I could get pregnant? - October 23rd 2011, 09:21 PM

I don't think so, I think if you had remembered to take it before sex you were probably still protected. Maybe check the instructions or give your pill a google and see what it says!!

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: Missed my pill...is there a chance I could get pregnant? - October 23rd 2011, 10:08 PM

It's quite unlikely, but is possible. Obviously, if at the end of the month your period is late, take a test. But I wouldn't worry about it.

I would recommend you start setting an alarm on your phone, my sister started doing that to help herself out! And as usual, I will always recommend condoms (Gotta be the crazy condom activist! ). They help for these types of things, I'm terrible about remembering my pills, so it's always good to have that extra back up, and plus they protect against STIs as well.. But I highly doubt anything will happen from forgetting once.

something burning?
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Points: 32,255, Level: 25 Points: 32,255, Level: 25 Points: 32,255, Level: 25

Re: Missed my pill...is there a chance I could get pregnant? - October 24th 2011, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee❤ View Post
I would recommend you start setting an alarm on your phone, my sister started doing that to help herself out! And as usual, I will always recommend condoms (Gotta be the crazy condom activist! ). They help for these types of things, I'm terrible about remembering my pills, so it's always good to have that extra back up, and plus they protect against STIs as well.. But I highly doubt anything will happen from forgetting once.
Setting an alarm is a great idea. I get text messages at the same time every day from a website, no extra charges.

Here's the site I use: http://bedsider.org/reminders?utm_so...n=Bedsider.org
Closed Thread