TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LiveLifeZara Offline
Zaraaa;D
Not a n00b

Name: Zaraa:)

Points: 8,539, Level: 13 Points: 8,539, Level: 13 Points: 8,539, Level: 13

Pregnant. - December 9th 2011, 03:48 PM

Hey guys. I'm gonna say this straight out, I'm 4 weeks pregnant. I'm 15. I'm not sure what I wanna do yet..
I know some of you are going to say I'm doing this for attention, but I'm truly not. I'm really pregnant. I did three tests, and they all came out positive.

I haven't even thought about telling my parents yet, or my boyfriend.. But I'm telling my best friend tomorrow, she knows something is up, because I've been really shady lately.

Do you guys have any advice on how to tell my best friend that I'm pregnant.
Please help me..
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
firecracker Offline
Atheist Pagan
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 14,021, Level: 17 Points: 14,021, Level: 17 Points: 14,021, Level: 17

Re: Pregnant. - December 9th 2011, 04:04 PM

Hey, Zaraa.

First off, I just want to say, I understand how emotional this can all be, so I'm glad you have a support system, even if they don't know yet.

You should seriously think about telling your parents, your boyfriend and his parents. Your boyfriend definitely needs to know about this, as his life just radically changed, too. And if you're both 15, a lot of decisions are going to need to be made, and the adults in your life can really help you. It might be a scary thought, but they're going to find out sooner or later. It's better to be completely honest.

If you think it could help, consider telling an aunt, uncle or grandparent first, they might be able to help break the news to your parents if you're worried.

However, I do think starting with your best friend is a good idea, especially if she knows something is up. I would recommend going over to her house, or inviting her over to yours, make sure you have complete privacy, and just tell her. She's probably going to have a ton of questions (and maybe freak out a little), so just stay calm and just talk it out. Answer he questions and let her know you're really going to need her support. Hopefully, she'll be an awesome best friend and help you through all of this.

Hope everything goes well!
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
LiveLifeZara Offline
Zaraaa;D
Not a n00b

Re: Pregnant. - December 9th 2011, 04:11 PM

Thank you so much, that helped alot. I am going to tell my parents, but I need to find the right time, and my Mom is going through a hard time right now, as her sister was diagnosed with breast cancer a few weeks ago, and I'm really scared to tell her.. I know that my friend will support me, and so will my boyfriend I hope, and I'm sure his parents will be a good support system for us both, but it's just my parents that I'm worried about

Thank you again. <3
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
firecracker Offline
Atheist Pagan
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 14,021, Level: 17 Points: 14,021, Level: 17 Points: 14,021, Level: 17

Re: Pregnant. - December 9th 2011, 04:15 PM

Oh, wow. I'm sorry to hear about that. It can be really intimidating, telling your parents something like this, especially when they're going through such a hard time, already. Like I said, maybe having someone else with you, like your dad or a grandparent (maybe even your boyfriend's parents), could help.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27

Re: Pregnant. - December 9th 2011, 05:03 PM

Telling your friend should be the easy part :P
Make sure she understands you know you've been kind of weird and off lately and you want to explain to her why. Start the conversation with that, but don't take too long to tell her or you might get her anxious. The best way to tell people is to prepare them just a little bit and then tell them straight out.

Especially with your parents, don't be too "beat-around-the-bush" or they could get nervous and scared, which you don't want that to be the feeling before you tell them something this big. Let them know you have no idea what you want to do yet, but you could use their advice and support.

Definitely tell them soon though, as getting into a doctor as soon as possible is always best. Just that way they can give you your options and you will have a lot of time to think about what you want to do. If you decide to keep it or put it up for adoption, then you can start on prenatal vitamins early on, which is always best on you and the baby.

There is a lot to be done and it can get stressful, but if you decide to have the baby remember it's a precious thing to have happen and be a part of.

I hope this helps a bit. I'll sum it up:

- Tell friend, boyfriend, families.
- Get to a doctor and ask about options.
- Think about options.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Just remember, take things one step at a time and don't overwhelm yourself. Telling people important to you is first priority so you can get a support and advice system going
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Pregnant. - December 9th 2011, 05:22 PM

It's going to be an incredibly difficult time for you, that's for sure. I'm also unsure if I should say congratulations or not. :\. These types of forums always make me feel awkward.

Anyway, telling your best friend is going to be the easy part. Just explain why you've been 'shady' lately. You'll know if she's your true friend if she sticks around. Go to a quiet place where the two of you can be alone. Maybe a park. While there are still other people around, it's likely those people won't know you in anyway. Calmly explain what's going on. After that, you'll need to let your parents and boyfriend know so options can be talked over, and doctor's appointments can be made.

I hope everything goes smoothly for you. Take care, and best of luck.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
snoogums Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Blue

Points: 10,785, Level: 15 Points: 10,785, Level: 15 Points: 10,785, Level: 15

Re: Pregnant. - December 10th 2011, 02:33 AM

I am sorry to hear about your mother's sister This will probably be a hard time for you but it is good that you have nice people who will support you. Telling your best friend shouldn't be too hard beings she is your best friend :P Your boyfriend should definitely know sooner rather than later since it will be his child too and therefore his responsibility as much as yours. It is also probably best to tell your parents and anyone else that may need to know sooner to avoid the question of why you didn't tell them sooner. I hope everything goes well and works out for you

(#8 (permalink)) Old
loganemmy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Emily

Points: 8,114, Level: 13 Points: 8,114, Level: 13 Points: 8,114, Level: 13

Re: Pregnant. - December 13th 2011, 02:17 AM

Hello,
I am so sorry that you find yourself in this situation. It will be good when you tell your best friend because I am sure she will be a great person to talk to. Maybe your friend could be there when you tell your parents because then you will have somebody who knows already there supporting you. For telling your friend, I would just straight up tell her. I think you will feel relieved once you tell her. When you do tell your parents (do not feel too rushed to do this) it will be hard at first, but I believe that once they adjust everything will be okay. Everything is going to be okay.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Sgeethi012 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,466, Level: 12 Points: 7,466, Level: 12 Points: 7,466, Level: 12

Re: Pregnant. - December 16th 2011, 10:11 AM

As my idea you tell this situation to your boy friend first and take a decision whether you are going say this to your parents or his parents.Choose the best supportive parents for this and take their help to do the rest.hurry up girl...take a decision.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Squiggly Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 14,658, Level: 17 Points: 14,658, Level: 17 Points: 14,658, Level: 17

Re: Pregnant. - December 17th 2011, 06:32 AM

I am not sure if I should say I am sorry or congratulations. But I do hope everything will work out well for you and good luck!
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
LiveLifeZara Offline
Zaraaa;D
Not a n00b

Re: Pregnant. - December 22nd 2011, 01:19 PM

Thanks guys.
Closed Thread