TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
justme1119 Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 8,270, Level: 13 Points: 8,270, Level: 13 Points: 8,270, Level: 13

so do I have precocious puberty? - December 26th 2011, 11:10 PM

I am just wondering. I had my voice full adult voice for 3 years now. I started growing pubic hair at 8 and 9 started to have a growth spurt a little before 8. I don't know when I started changing down there it just happened eventually I guess by around 9 or 10. I got a wet dream at 9. At 9, so much happened it seemed more than most my age. I think that was when I entered puberty around there if not 8. Most of the people don't think I'm a minor because I really don't look it any longer. I'm 6'1". I actually have pretty much stopped growing it seems. I started growing facial hair at 10 not much until 12. My exact body seemed to experience changes late compared to everything it started when I was about 11. Well at least noticeably to me. Anyway I was wondering what exactlty is precocious puberty and when does it start? Also I got a whole bunch of hair growth everywhere pretty much at about 10. Was wondering do I or do I not have precocious puberty or just early??
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: so do I have precocious puberty? - December 27th 2011, 02:58 AM

You're going through puberty. The thing is: All of us start puberty at different times. What your friends & peers may have been experiencing could have been completely different from what you began experiencing. These are all tell-tale signs that you're going through puberty.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Points: 27,759, Level: 24 Points: 27,759, Level: 24 Points: 27,759, Level: 24

Re: so do I have precocious puberty? - December 27th 2011, 03:29 AM

Shannon is right. Don't thing you are not normal or anything like that. I didn't really go through it until my 8th grade year, then I hit my growth spurt. I know a girl who had breasts in 4th grade. We all go through the changes as different times - however its interesting that scientists are saying that every generation puberty is happening at a younger age. Any-who, its normal - and there is no 'forsure age' that you should have gone through the changes.

Best wishes,
Chris

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
— Malala Yousafzai
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
justme1119 Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 8,270, Level: 13 Points: 8,270, Level: 13 Points: 8,270, Level: 13

Re: so do I have precocious puberty? - December 27th 2011, 05:52 AM

I know I was just wondering if this was the average like I've heard ogpp and was just wondering if I was included.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Points: 27,759, Level: 24 Points: 27,759, Level: 24 Points: 27,759, Level: 24

Re: so do I have precocious puberty? - December 27th 2011, 05:56 AM

This is from a online article:

Between the ages of 10 and 14 most boys and girls begin to notice changes taking place in their bodies. These changes, which occur over a number of years, are generally referred to as puberty.

The changes take place in all boys and girls but they will start at different times and take place at different rates. Not everyone starts puberty between the ages of 10 and 14, some people start younger, and some much later. Similarly, in some people all the changes take place in two years, and in others they can take as long as four years. Generally they start between ages 7 and 13 in girls and ages 9 and 15 in boys.

I hope this helped.

Best wishes,
Chris

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
— Malala Yousafzai
Closed Thread