TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Closed Article

Article Tools Search this Article Rate Article

Old
Rate Article
Creative Gift Wrapping
by TeenHelp December 2nd 2018, 02:03 PM

Creative Gift Wrapping
By Jenna (.:Bibliophile:.)

[source]

During the holiday season there is a lot going on and sometimes it can be fun to come up with creative ways to wrap any of the Christmas presents that you might have purchased for people. This article will detail some creative ideas you can use to wrap presents.
  • Use stamps. If you get some Kraft paper and some holiday stamps you can create your own designs. You can choose white, green and red ink which will lead to the wrapping paper having a more holiday theme. Alternatively, you can use a brown paper bag and a stamp of your choice. Then, you can hole punch the top and use twine or ribbon to keep the package closed.
  • Use stencils. For this you will use Kraft paper or Butcher paper (commonly found in children's classrooms) and then use stencils to design it with. You'd want to use acrylic paint and allow the paper to completely dry before wrapping it.
  • Use fabric bows. A number of people enjoy adorning their gifts with bows. A lot of the time you can buy bows in the store but a different idea would be to use some fabric trim to adorn the package.
  • Use pine cones or some Christmas tree branches. I've been able to purchase pine cones at some of my local stores and I have taken a small branch off of my Christmas trees in the past. This adds a nice touch to presents.

• Roll some of your packages. Some packages are oddly shaped and it can be hard to wrap them. There are times when you can use cardboard tubes and then cover it with wrapping paper or colorful fabric.
  • Use road map paper. One year I chose to use road maps to wrap packages. It adds a unique touch and if you want to add a nice topper you can tie thin cord around it and use a button to tightly secure it. I've never utilized the button as I like the look with just the road map paper.
  • Cut paper snowflakes into a topper. If you have children in your life this could be a fun one to do. You can make paper snowflakes and then use them to adorn the wrapped gift. You can use any colored wrapping paper you want but lighter colors like gray or baby blue seem to work best.
  • Use twine or a headscarf. Instead of using ribbon you can use twine to give the gift a more rustic feel. You can use beads or festive cutouts to make the package your own.
  • Use scarves. You can also try and use headscarves or a head band to seal the wrapping. Another idea for scarves could be wrapping the gift with a scarf instead of using paper. You could choose between a plain one or ones that are holiday themed.

• Create a candy topper. When you have found the perfect wrapping paper and want to add a unique topper you can use some twine and add the person's favorite candy.
  • Utilize a reusable tote. The reusable tote can be used to replace a gift bag and it's an extension of the gift. The other thing to consider is that there are ways to customize tote bags so that it will be even more fun for the person to receive.
  • Use Perler or Hama beads to make a topper. Perler beads are a fun art activity to do and they come in all kinds of designs even Christmas related ones. You can use Christmas colors such as green, red and white to make it and then you can adorn your wrapped package with the decoration you created.
  • Try chalkboard wrapping paper. There is chalk board paper you can get and then you can utilize white paint pens to decorate the paper. This is another great activity to do with any kids in your life.

Wrapping can be stressful sometimes, but it might become a more pleasurable activity if you try some of the many things you can use to customize your wrapped gifts. Customizing gifts adds a personalized touch that you and the gift recipient are bound to enjoy.
Views 424 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Closed Article