TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Angelprice Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,455, Level: 11 Points: 6,455, Level: 11 Points: 6,455, Level: 11

Can a guy be in a relationship with you but still love&think about his ex girlfriend? - August 19th 2013, 03:26 AM

I asked because many guys leave their ex because they think the grass is greener, in reality they want to commit with their ex girlfriend and not the current person. Most of the time they want to use a person to create new feelings but it never works
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
An Inspiration For The Broken
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mark

Points: 17,323, Level: 19 Points: 17,323, Level: 19 Points: 17,323, Level: 19

Re: Can a guy be in a relationship with you but still love&think about his ex girlfriend? - August 19th 2013, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelprice View Post
I asked because many guys leave their ex because they think the grass is greener, in reality they want to commit with their ex girlfriend and not the current person. Most of the time they want to use a person to create new feelings but it never works
It's possible, but it all really depends on the guy. Some guys will do something like what you mentioned, but other guys will really like the girl that they're in a relationship with as opposed to their previous ex. Like I said though, it depends on the guy.

“The main thing is realizing that even if you feel terrible for a while, that’s not how you’re going to feel the whole time. . . . Things change if you just keep moving.” - Gary Vaynerchuk
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
PureStorm Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 8,585, Level: 13 Points: 8,585, Level: 13 Points: 8,585, Level: 13

Re: Can a guy be in a relationship with you but still love&think about his ex girlfriend? - August 19th 2013, 03:49 AM

Title: yes, it's possible.
Your explanation is strange though. I can imagine it'd rather be that their gf broke up with them and they moved on to the next person available.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Always be yourself
Average Joe

Name: Brittany

Points: 7,018, Level: 12 Points: 7,018, Level: 12 Points: 7,018, Level: 12

Re: Can a guy be in a relationship with you but still love&think about his ex girlfriend? - August 26th 2013, 01:58 AM

It is a tough situation that differs between each set of people. For some they truly loved their ex and made a mistake doing whatever they did. For others, they never truly loved their ex, they just wanted to believe that.

What if I fall?
Oh, but my darling, what if you fly?
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Pirouette Offline
Just a girl strolling by
I've been here a while

Name: Rishy

Points: 19,789, Level: 20 Points: 19,789, Level: 20 Points: 19,789, Level: 20

Re: Can a guy be in a relationship with you but still love&think about his ex girlfriend? - August 26th 2013, 02:12 AM

Yeah, it's very possible. I totally agree with what you said, but hey, nobody is perfect. We all have drawbacks in our character, and think without them, life is better. But sometimes, we really learn the importance of something after we let it go. It's kind of the same thing for ex's, so it's very possible.

[left]

"Imperfection is beauty;
madness is genius;
and its better to be absolutely ridiculous
than absolutely boring."

-Marilyn Monroe

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Ambiance Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Points: 16,100, Level: 18 Points: 16,100, Level: 18 Points: 16,100, Level: 18

Re: Can a guy be in a relationship with you but still love&think about his ex girlfriend? - August 29th 2013, 02:46 AM

I think a lot of people, young men particularly, just don't know what they want. I had an ex that would be cold and hot with me about wanting a relationship, basically because he didn't want to be tied down and implied more than once that he was curious about other people, when in reality I was his first girlfriend and we'd been dating too long to just be "seeing each other" and not have an actual relationship. So, I broke it off for good when I found a guy who was ready to be committed (not suggesting this, it's never a good foundation for a budding relationship when you haven't gotten enough space from your last), and this was the point when my ex felt that he was truly ready to commit to me. Of course, this wasn't the first time that he claimed that he knew what he wanted and that I was what he wanted. He still sends me youtube links to our old songs and such, despite the fact that I saw he had a new SUPER pretty girlfriend on facebook a while ago. I feel bad for her, because he probably really likes her deep down, he just wants what he can't have.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25

Re: Can a guy be in a relationship with you but still love&think about his ex girlfriend? - August 29th 2013, 04:09 AM

Can a guy be in a relationship with you when he's thinking about someone else? Of course. Can a man be in a relationship with you while being married? Of course. Is it possible? Yes. Is it logical? No. Is it going to make the relationship difficult? Yes. Is it worth the risk? No.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread