TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ConfusedTeen01 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,105, Level: 11 Points: 6,105, Level: 11 Points: 6,105, Level: 11

He's older, and has a girlfriend - October 6th 2013, 01:32 PM

Basically, I met this guy and he's lovely, I've known him for years but he's 22 and I'm 15, also he has a girlfriend. She lives away though, and whenever I see him I get butterflies in my stomach, I get so nervous around him, I love him really... When he sees me, he lights up, he always cuddles me and puts his arms around me, and I don't want him to let go. We've never done anything bad, but I think we would if I was older or if he was younger., I really need help getting over him, he works away so I don't see him that much but when I do all these feelings come rushing back to me and I want to kiss him or cuddle him! It sounds pathetic I know, but I honestly can't get over him..
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: He's older, and has a girlfriend - October 6th 2013, 02:39 PM

It sounds like you're in quite a difficult position at the moment. Sometimes it can be hard to get over someone especially when we think so much of them. Have you or he ever discussed how you actually feel? If you haven't, it may be a very good idea to because you can both get an understanding for the situation you're currently in. When you see him next, see if he can spend some time alone with you and talk to him about how you feel, ask him how he feels. I understand that he has a girlfriend but people are not limited to those who they're with, for all you know he may be going through a rough patch with his girlfriend and is just seeking comfort somewhere else until he and his girlfriend work things out.

If you feel like you don't want to talk to him about how you feel and if you really would just prefer to move on from him then really, either you change your mind and choose to communicate with him or find a way to never see him again. From what you've said, you seem fine when he's not actually around you but when he's there this is when your feelings for him start up. Have you considered purposely spending a long preiod of time away from this guy? It may help you to move on from him and find someone who is more suitable and readily available. After all, this guy does work away and so even if both of you were to become closer, he wouldn't exactly be around all that much for you and bearing in mind that you're currently at school, the time you'd see each other would be limited.

All in all, find the confidence to talk to him about how you feel and try and get him to open up to you about how he feels too but remember to be realistic, as much as you think the world of him, if he isn't going to be there for you or you for him, then the relationship even if there does end up being one, may suffer.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Charlie

Points: 41,800, Level: 29 Points: 41,800, Level: 29 Points: 41,800, Level: 29

Re: He's older, and has a girlfriend - October 6th 2013, 02:39 PM

Maybe distancing yourself from him so you can give yourself time to get over him would be a good idea. I know you said you don't see him often cause he works away but when you do, all those feelings come rushing back and as long as that happens, you won't be able to move on because you'll be reminding yourself. Regardless of how the two of you feel about each other, he does have a girlfriend so nothing will happen if you remind yourself of that, that could help you move on also. Just distract yourself from him and give yourself time to move on
Closed Thread