TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
strayalicat Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Ali

Points: 7,051, Level: 12 Points: 7,051, Level: 12 Points: 7,051, Level: 12

Unhappy boyfriend moving - March 8th 2016, 04:10 PM

So i got back together with my ex, cause he makes me so happy. We've been together for a month now, and my parents don't know, but today he told me he's moving and thought we'd be long distance i just got him back i don't want to lose him What do i do
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: boyfriend moving - March 9th 2016, 04:54 AM

I'm so sorry to hear your boyfriend is moving. I can imagine why this would be stressful and upsetting. Unfortunately, it sounds like there isn't much you can do in this situation. I presume your boyfriend is moving with his family and is underage, like you. If that's the case then you really have no control over the situation. I know that's a hard truth but it's important to acknowledge it. The way I see it you have three practical choices here:

1) You can give the long distance thing an honest try. While it may not be ideal, you can go into it with an open mind and try to make the best of it.
2) You can go into the long distance thing begrudgingly. You can choose to do it but resent every moment of it.
3) You can decide that a long distance relationship is just too much for you and break it off.

Ultimately you have to decide what works for you. I suggest making a pros and cons list of staying together long distance versus breaking up now before he moves. If you do decide to do the long distance thing, can you guys think of some creative ways to stay in touch? Luckily these days it's pretty easy to keep in contact, even on opposite sides of the globe. I could help with some suggestions if you like but it may be best if you two could think of things that are unique to you.

Good luck and feel free to PM me if you need anything else.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
JazzyJazz Offline
Associate HelpLINK Mentor
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 5,906, Level: 11 Points: 5,906, Level: 11 Points: 5,906, Level: 11

Re: boyfriend moving - March 11th 2016, 01:51 AM

I agree with all that Jordan said.

I do think that a long distance relationship is worth a try and you won't know what it's like until you do.

Webcams make it really easy to have (almost) face-to-face conversations, and you could arrange to meet up every once in a while.

How far away is he moving?

Be kind to yourself.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: boyfriend moving - March 11th 2016, 02:16 AM

Hey there,

Jordan gave you some really good advice. If you do decide to give long distance a shot you can look into This article. It might give you some ideas about things you and your boyfriend can do to make the transition go smoother.

Best of luck.
Closed Thread