teen spirit Offline
- Ontario, Canada
- About me
- From the time I transitioned into adolescence, I began to experience and recognize that I was functioning well below my full potential because I was battling with not knowing my own sense of identity as well as an extreme lack of self esteem. As I stumbled through challenge after tragedy, (and managed to survive my own diverse life experiences-sexual abuse, kicked out of my home at 17, my mother suffers from alchoholism, getting pregnant young, not accepted in College and gave up on myself), I began to slowly uncover a pattern: “I” was getting in my own way of creating the life I deserved!
With my awakened revelation of self discovery, I was determined to be a Teen Girl advocate and mentor who would empower, motivate and boost supreme self esteem in other teen girls so they too can uncover their own power within and build confidence to speak their own truth and ultimately become the woman they have always dreamed to be.
Fortunately, my “life” education and experiential training has allowed me to do just that. After high school, I pursued a career in the health field, as helping others was a top priority for me, and I grew in that field for 11 years. My restlessness began to answer itself as I began to realize that I was living too small and I was created for a larger purpose. Intuitively through “non-traditional” trainings and education, my mission and vision were revealed to me.
When I began working one on one with teens as both a mentor and a coach, my life instantly changed. Finally, I discovered my passion; my “WHY” and made the commitment to dedicate myself full-time to creating a practice that would combine education, the tools, and the strategies that I personally haved used myself to overcome self esteem challenges and obstacles.
- Here for
- Like to help with problems
- Relationship status
- School of Hard Knox-PHD
- Certified Youthologies/Teen Coach/Parent Coach
- yes...I have views :)
- Power of Choice-whatever you choose to believe in that resonates with you
- Zodiac sign
- reading, travelling, surfing the web, playing with my dog, enjoying family time, riding motorcycles
- Keith Urban, Taylor Swift, Johnny Cash, U2, Lady A
- The Pursuit of Happyness, UP!, Letters to Juliet, Toy Story 1,2,3
- Dragon's Den
- My Grandmother
- Favorite quotes
- "BE" who you wish to see in the world."
"There is no deadline to learning."
"if you are not modelling what you teach, you are teaching something else."
"you are not a problem...you are an opportunity."
- Other interests
- learning something new everyday because it is when you stop learning...you die!
- Teen Spirit
- Sometimes fun costs you...
- Project Advisor
- Fight My Llama