TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
wroteyouasong Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rachel

Points: 6,507, Level: 11 Points: 6,507, Level: 11 Points: 6,507, Level: 11

Depression.... - May 15th 2013, 03:52 PM

Hello

Recently I have been feeling very unhappy and depressed. I never say this but I do feel as if I need help. I have been feeling isolated and alone and that I have no real meaning to anyone. I feel worthless and lost. I spend far to much of my time crying and I can't enjoy the things I used to be able to. Everything gets to me and I'm extremely irritable all of the time. Feelings of guilt and worthlessness are becoming extremely regular. I get very unhappy and panicky over little things and its effecting my life and people around me because they find it difficult to help me and understand.
Ever since a young age I have been self harming because I can't control these strong emotions and the negative thoughts inside my head. It hasn't Ben cutting until recently, I will punch and bite myself or starve myself (I have been through so many eating disorders I can't count)
I seem to avoid conflicts at all costs and i build up a wall to hide against because I am constantly terrified that people will judge me or not like me. Like I said, I never admit that I might need help but I really can't do this anymore. What help is available to me and who should I go to to talk to someone, gp or school concillor? Thank you and sorry that its quite long x
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
lightfeet Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ian

Points: 6,590, Level: 11 Points: 6,590, Level: 11 Points: 6,590, Level: 11

Re: Depression.... - May 15th 2013, 04:23 PM

I'm sorry you feel that way...

I am going through the same thing... First, i believe, you need to address why you are sad. 2nd, next time you are in an argument, or whatever made you feel depressed, walk away. Just think "I'm done with this" and walk away.

I hope this helps, i am still going through it so i don't exactly have the best advice. :/ sorry! Stay strong <3
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
FairyPoppins Offline
Never give up.
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 13,321, Level: 16 Points: 13,321, Level: 16 Points: 13,321, Level: 16

Re: Depression.... - May 15th 2013, 08:48 PM

Hi Rachel.

Wow, sounds like you are going through a tough time right now.

You're right, you should go and speak with your GP about this, because they can refer you on to a psychologist/psychiatrist who can help you to deal with these horrible feelings.

Counsellors are great for chatting, but they cannot diagnose you or give you any sort of therapy such as CBT.

The sooner you go the better. Don't be concerned about them judging you, they are there to help.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Depression.... - May 16th 2013, 08:39 AM

Hi, Rachel!

I'm really sorry you're going through this. It sounds like you're going through a really tough time, yeah? Well, I just wanna say that you're really strong, brave and amazing for reaching out. That's a big step towards recovery so you should be proud of yourself.

I think it'd really help you to find things that make you happier, hobbies you enjoy and things like that to keep your mind off everything. As for telling someone, you could tell anyone you trust, like a teacher, your school counselor, parents, relatives, siblings, friends, GP. Whoever you tell, you could make it easier by writing it in a note or text to them rather than verbally admitting how you feel. Might be easier for you. Hopefully by telling someone, you can get some support and generally have someone to talk to when you feel bad. You deserve that.

I'm also here if you need someone to talk to.

Stay Strong <3
Closed Thread