TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Tony_the_Tiger Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,834, Level: 11 Points: 5,834, Level: 11 Points: 5,834, Level: 11

Question Depression is back! - February 26th 2014, 06:04 PM

So for the past week I have been really depressed again. I haven't been depressed for a few months now and all of a sudden its back. There was nothing that triggered it. I am wondering if anyone knows if this is common. I have went to the doctor and I am actually depressed.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Points: 19,057, Level: 20 Points: 19,057, Level: 20 Points: 19,057, Level: 20

Re: Depression is back! - February 26th 2014, 07:12 PM

sometimes there are spells of sadness that can occur once in a while. But luckily there are many kinds of cures. i think that you can treat yourself to something nice that you like. whether be it a nice meal, or something nice of any other variety, just let immerse yourself in what you like. That'll help you get your mind off whatever is making you depressed, or just the idleness in general.

also, it might help to forget about any past burdens or bad memories if anything bad happened. The past should stay in the past. The bad stuff shouldn't affect the present .

stay strong!
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Tony_the_Tiger Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Depression is back! - February 26th 2014, 07:22 PM

Thank you. I will try to do something for myself and see if that helps at all.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
CarolWells Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Carol Wells

Points: 5,998, Level: 11 Points: 5,998, Level: 11 Points: 5,998, Level: 11

Re: Depression is back! - February 28th 2014, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_the_Tiger View Post
So for the past week I have been really depressed again. I haven't been depressed for a few months now and all of a sudden its back. There was nothing that triggered it. I am wondering if anyone knows if this is common. I have went to the doctor and I am actually depressed.
Did you know what is the caused of your depression now? There was the time I became depressed about certain things, like I didn't get what I want and expected to have. That simple, but that kind of situation makes me depressed. Admission-service help me to stay focused and makes me forget my depression.

“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.” - C.S Lewis
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Tony_the_Tiger Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Depression is back! - February 28th 2014, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolWells View Post
Did you know what is the caused of your depression now? There was the time I became depressed about certain things, like I didn't get what I want and expected to have. That simple, but that kind of situation makes me depressed. Admission-service help me to stay focused and makes me forget my depression.
No. I just woke up feeling like there was no point to do anything. I just felt like not doing anything since then.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount12

Edit avatar

Re: Depression is back! - February 28th 2014, 03:15 AM

Hi there!

Sorry to hear you're feeling depressed again. I think it is pretty normal, sadly, spells of depression do happen. Have you talked to anyone about how you're feeling? Maybe being able to express your feelings and have a little support will help. In the meantime, you can try and start feeling a little better. I know, easier said than done. But actually, getting yourself up to do something even if you don't feel like it could help a lot. To drag you out of the depression, you know? I also wanna suggest going for walks daily. The fresh air and sunlight can help a lot. Exercise is good anyway, the fresh air helps clear your mind and the sunlight increases a natural chemical in your brain that induces positive emotions.

Do you have any pets? Pets are really wonderful to spend time with and they make us smile a lot. How about hobbies? Having something fun you enjoy could help you feel a little happier and cheerful. Maybe even take up something new that you haven't done before. Then to express yourself, you could have a personal journal to write down your thoughts and feelings if you'd like. Lastly, just don't forget that you can get past this. Hang in there. You can message me if you need someone to talk to! Stay strong, you can have a rainbow without the rain.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Tony_the_Tiger Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Depression is back! - February 28th 2014, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly. View Post
Hi there!

Sorry to hear you're feeling depressed again. I think it is pretty normal, sadly, spells of depression do happen. Have you talked to anyone about how you're feeling? Maybe being able to express your feelings and have a little support will help. In the meantime, you can try and start feeling a little better. I know, easier said than done. But actually, getting yourself up to do something even if you don't feel like it could help a lot. To drag you out of the depression, you know? I also wanna suggest going for walks daily. The fresh air and sunlight can help a lot. Exercise is good anyway, the fresh air helps clear your mind and the sunlight increases a natural chemical in your brain that induces positive emotions.

Do you have any pets? Pets are really wonderful to spend time with and they make us smile a lot. How about hobbies? Having something fun you enjoy could help you feel a little happier and cheerful. Maybe even take up something new that you haven't done before. Then to express yourself, you could have a personal journal to write down your thoughts and feelings if you'd like. Lastly, just don't forget that you can get past this. Hang in there. You can message me if you need someone to talk to! Stay strong, you can have a rainbow without the rain.
I tried telling my mom that my depression has returned but she thinks I'm lying about it. I wish I could go on walks but I live in Minnesota and it is beyond cold here. But I do have a pet which helps a little bit but only temporarily.

I think a big part of my depression is that I am being forced to go to school even though I don't do anything while I'm there and then I also work most nights just to have money to do stuff.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount12

Edit avatar

Re: Depression is back! - February 28th 2014, 03:54 AM

Sorry to hear that, I imagine it must make you feel pretty crappy having your mother tell you that.

At school, aren't you working towards education for your future job? Maybe knowing you're working towards your future might help you feel more hopeful and encouraged.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Tony_the_Tiger Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Depression is back! - February 28th 2014, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly. View Post
Sorry to hear that, I imagine it must make you feel pretty crappy having your mother tell you that.

At school, aren't you working towards education for your future job? Maybe knowing you're working towards your future might help you feel more hopeful and encouraged.
I can't concentrate at school and I'm planning on getting a GED. And as soon as I make a computer I'm saving up to move out.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Points: 19,057, Level: 20 Points: 19,057, Level: 20 Points: 19,057, Level: 20

Re: Depression is back! - March 3rd 2014, 03:07 AM

i hope that things work out well for you. remember that we're always here to listen
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
punk8888 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,929, Level: 11 Points: 5,929, Level: 11 Points: 5,929, Level: 11

Re: Depression is back! - March 7th 2014, 05:12 AM

If I think about it, I got depressed exactly on 26th Feb, I think it's seasonal depression, usually comes around this time of the year. Because it happened last year at the same time. It really makes you feel hopeless and you feel like you've lost everything in the world. In trying to deal with it by doing new things or getting into new music or new artists, it helps, also try not to think about future or the past at this time cause it will make you feel worse.
Closed Thread