TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Aintzane411 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Oliver

Points: 9,798, Level: 14 Points: 9,798, Level: 14 Points: 9,798, Level: 14

trigering for a lot of fresaons probably (depression, substance, SH, suicide) - May 11th 2017, 09:32 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

im going to a funeral today dna i took some shots bc im fuckd up

im cuttin gagain ive got like 25 cuts on my shoulders holy shit shoulders bleed really great

im 22 fuckin gyears old and still dealin gw this shit

i dont have a therapist bc we just chnaed insurance and i dotn konw what to do to get one

idk if i want one

i want to die

i had meds i aws taking but i kept forgetting and now ive been off fro like 2 months and i know is hould go back on but something is stoppng me and idk what it is
also i dont want to just start up again without doctor supervision yknow

im just rly fucked up in general and idk why im posting im p drunk rn i haven eaten anythgin today

idk if this ie even the right thread pls move to whee it belongs

im osrry
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: trigering for a lot of fresaons probably (depression, substance, SH, suicide) - May 11th 2017, 10:26 PM

Hey,

Sorry you're still struggling with all of this at the moment. You should know that there isnt an age limit on mental health issues. You could be 12, 22, or 72 and still struggle and there's nothing wrong with that, it doesn't say anything about you as a person. Of course it's tough and really difficult, but your age doesn't mean anything at all. If you're still dealing with this, it means you're still fighting, so while it's not an ideal situation, the fact you're still going is amazing and is a reason on its own for you to carry on trying to beat this.

Funerals can be really hard to deal with - I went to my first one last year and still think about it now. That being said, they're supposed to be upsetting days. Nobody ever has a funeral for a good reason, so it's ok to not be ok in that respect. Is there someone else who was at the funeral or who knew the person too who you could talk to? It doesn't have to be about how you feel as such, but sitting with someone and talking about someone you've lost can be really useful in helping you feel a bit less alone. It's also a better way to deal with things than to resort to hurting yourself. You can sit and speak about some positive memories you have, for example, and this can really help you to feel a bit better. I know that it was laugher that got me through losing my nan last year. It might feel weird or wrong but laughing and remembering the good things gives a new layer to losing someone. Of course it's sad. It's always going to be sad. But laughing reminds you that knowing a person isn't just about losing them - it's about having known them. Try not to let losing someone get in the way of everything else you shared with them.

With regards to the insurance, is there someone you can call or speak to who will know what it is your insurance covers? I'm not too sure about insurance because of living in the UK, but if you can make some calls and find out a bit more, it may be really helpful. Of course I know you said you're not sure you want a therapist, but I think it may be really useful if you can get access to one, especially with your medication concerns. Even if you're not too sure, you can always make some calls and find out all the information so you're a bit more informed about it in the future if you do decide to try therapy again. This might also help you find a way to deal with everything thats a bit healthier than cutting and drinking.

Have you had a look through the SH alternatives list? If not, you can find that here. If you've already had a look through it, it may be worth giving it another go anyway. Retry some of the suggestions here - some of them are really helpful! You can also try identifying what it is that's making you feel like you need to drink/SH. If it's certain situations, you can try writing the particular issues down so that when they come up again, you know they are a trigger. This will help you take a moment to consider what other options you have. For example, could you go for a walk instead? If it's a matter of what your hands are doing, could you occupy them in another way? Instead of picking up something you could hurt yourself with, make a cup of tea or draw something or find something you can fiddle with. Try making some origami. If it's a matter of thinking about it, you could try watching a film, reading a book, or looking at some riddles online to occupy your thoughts in another way. And if you're worried about being alone, ring a friend or move to a room or place where other people are too so that the temptation can lessen.

I want to tell you that I'm so glad you did post here even if you weren't sure why. It's a really good step because it means people know what's going on so you're not alone. Have you tried using the blog feature here too? It might help you put things into words more and you can use it every day if you like as a sort of diary. That way people can still give you advice and support, and you might find it's a really useful way of organizing your thoughts and feelings.

If you haven't already, try and eat something. It's really important that even though you're struggling, you don't neglect yourself. You're important, and you can fight this. I really hope this has helped a bit, but you're welcome to message me if you have any issues you want to talk about.

Take care.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
del677 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Points: 5,755, Level: 11 Points: 5,755, Level: 11 Points: 5,755, Level: 11

Re: trigering for a lot of fresaons probably (depression, substance, SH, suicide) - May 12th 2017, 05:30 AM

Thank you for posting.

I hope you can find some support somewhere. Someone else who understands who can guide you.

There are a lot of us out there who understand. More than I once imagined.

You are not alone.
Closed Thread