TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Points: 6,485, Level: 11 Points: 6,485, Level: 11 Points: 6,485, Level: 11

LONELY. ABANDONDED - December 11th 2020, 10:14 PM

Hey, it really hurts NO ONE CHECKS UP ON ME FROM CHAT. Maybe you guys are experiencing burn out from your jobs and that's why you don't care about me or others in chat. No check ups at all. IT HURTS YOU ALL GIGLE AND LAUGH AND DON'T THINK TO STOP AND GO HMM I WONDER HOW DOGLOVER IS I SHOULD check up on her, PM HER OR SOMETHING. NOPE NONE OF YOU. ALL FAKE CARING FROM YOU.

I care about you guys BUT I DO NOT GET IT BACK. WOULD BE NICE TO GET IT BACK.

DOES NO ONE GIVE A F HOW I AM??? ANY ONE CARE?????????????
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1359233 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: LONELY. ABANDONDED - December 12th 2020, 07:40 AM

With respect, have you considered that this kind of behaviour you keep displaying is why no one is talking to you?

I don't go into the chatroom, but if this is the kind of behaviour I saw from someone over and over, I wouldn't want to message them either.
4 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount63

Edit avatar

Re: LONELY. ABANDONDED - December 12th 2020, 06:50 PM

Lauri,
I cannot speak for anyone but I have spent so much time trying to help you, talk to you being civil and I have been attacked by you, you have become obsessive with me before, you condem my relationship every chance you get. I try and try with you and it has effect my mental health to the point I exhausted everything I had left to give you and my mental health is more important I need to stay stable. And for that reason alone I will not engage with you privately or in chat anymore.

I however so do not really check up on people. I have close friends on here I chat with but that’s only like 2-3 people.

I hope this explain why I will not reach out to you.

My pms/vms are always open if you need to talk
Your friend,
Frankie<3
(I sign all my post this way)
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34

Re: LONELY. ABANDONDED - December 12th 2020, 06:59 PM

I am sorry you are feeling alone and abandoned that no one has checked up on you yet. Especially when you were struggling with a few things in Chat that you expressed. I would feel the same way if nobody checked in on me if they knew about those situations and I am sorry you had gone through that.

Just like in all of our daily lives and things come up, not everyone knows your situation or knows if you need some checking up on. We sadly can't know everything about each and every user and their needs and if they need continuous support if we don't know.

Now, we know that you need some extra support.

Moving forward, when you need something, let us know. That way we are able to best support you.

My inbox is always open and so is my vistor messages.

Stay strong.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Outreach and Communications Officer
Resource Editor
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

(#5 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 34,122, Level: 26 Points: 34,122, Level: 26 Points: 34,122, Level: 26

Re: LONELY. ABANDONDED - December 14th 2020, 05:13 AM

[SIZE="a"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladoglover View Post
Hey, it really hurts NO ONE CHECKS UP ON ME FROM CHAT. Maybe you guys are experiencing burn out from your jobs and that's why you don't care about me or others in chat. No check ups at all. IT HURTS YOU ALL GIGLE AND LAUGH AND DON'T THINK TO STOP AND GO HMM I WONDER HOW DOGLOVER IS I SHOULD check up on her, PM HER OR SOMETHING. NOPE NONE OF YOU. ALL FAKE CARING FROM YOU.

I care about you guys BUT I DO NOT GET IT BACK. WOULD BE NICE TO GET IT BACK.

DOES NO ONE GIVE A F HOW I AM??? ANY ONE CARE?????????????
Hiya. Just remember you're more important than you think you are. You're valuable, complete, wonderful and awesome. If you want to talk about something, feel free to say it. Sometimes, we make mistakes. But we do care about you.

We care about you so much So never give up and remember you deserve better than to feel like this.

What I said above holds true, no matter where you are.[/size]
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: LONELY. ABANDONDED - December 16th 2020, 02:24 AM

Thanks all
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Wendi

Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14

Re: LONELY. ABANDONDED - December 17th 2020, 07:47 AM

I'm sorry events have gone downhill because chat rooms can be a lifeline to people in need, being a homely, happy and safe place to belong where good friendship is forged and cherished.

Tragically in the past I've been attacked for no good reason. I came away scathed, disrespected and hurting. These chat rooms can be of no help whatsoever if they are not moderated responsibly. This is the reason why I have sworn off never to go near them again!
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: LONELY. ABANDONDED - December 17th 2020, 01:06 PM

Agree pork chops the mods are not held to a high standard which means they do not always mod responsibly. It's good to know I'm not alone and that you validated my feelings. As often in chat my feelings were constantly being invalidated when I was in chat . I always got in trouble but when others did something wrong they didn't and I was told I was just not taking responsibility. When that was not the case.

Thanks. Your not alone.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Re: LONELY. ABANDONDED - December 17th 2020, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Agree pork chops the mods are not held to a high standard which means they do not always mod responsibly. It's good to know I'm not alone and that you validated my feelings. As often in chat my feelings were constantly being invalidated when I was in chat . I always got in trouble but when others did something wrong they didn't and I was told I was just not taking responsibility. When that was not the case.

Thanks. Your not alone.
If you look around online under 'moderated chat rooms for mental health' you'll be sure to find something worthwhile.

Personally, at the end of the day I'm too tired to be doing with any chat room. I'll make a brew and go sit by the fire next to Sis and we'll chat away or watch boring telly until it's time for sleepy byes.

Are you able to be with a dog? Some people, ie. in our area can't take their dog for a walk. Offering, that is if they know you, and you will find that even stroking an animal will take away a lot of stress and anxiety, and get you out exercising.

I miss our dog we had until February of last year. But I feel maybe it's time to look for another. In the meantime I wish you well.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: LONELY. ABANDONDED - December 18th 2020, 12:39 AM

Oh okay. Yeah your right I do not need them. I am too busy as well to get on chat. To be honest I wasted a lot of time and didn't get things done when I got on the chat. I was always so jealous and wondered how others were always on chat and it didn't seem to cause any negative things for them. Especially in January when school starts again and I have a job that I do at home. I'm going to be way too busy to get on chat and I tend to forgot about chat when im really busy. Im not sure how the people that have jobs seem to always be on chat because when im busy with a job and school the last thing I think about is chat and I tend to forget about it. I guess if your a mod then you have to be on the chat sometimes.
Thats cool your sister and you are so close.

Yes, I have a dog. He is amazing. We do a lot together. He is my world, my fur baby. Im so sorry for your loss. Pet loss is never easy. My family dog died two years ago at 17 years old. Its so hard. Give yourself time to grieve. You will know when its time to get a dog. No rush. When your ready it will happen.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
NeuroBeautiful Offline
Please call that story back.
I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Points: 29,446, Level: 24 Points: 29,446, Level: 24 Points: 29,446, Level: 24

Re: LONELY. ABANDONDED - December 18th 2020, 01:07 AM

[EDITED] I truly believe that you need to take a good hard look at yourself in the mirror (inner mirror that is, I couldn't care less about your physical appearance) and think hard about what you are saying and how your actions impact others. Your words have been harsh, rude, disrespectful. Yes this is a supportive site but no one owes you anything.

You claim you are doing better with your mental health but I highly encourage you to rethink that. You also state that you for through your depression with no meds and no therapy. Also....Not something to brag about because maybe you are actually suffering and it is to the point that your STUFF is leaking so much that it is affecting me. I don't like being on TH seeing every other post about how a)no one cares about you and b) how you want to play a game or hear about fun recipes to try. You don't get to play hot and cold like this. No you will not get away with this behavior. I am lucky I can log off and ignore you even though I use this site for support. But if you were in my offline life I would actually consider your behavior manipulative.

You may be in pain and need support and deserve support 100% AND your behavior is not okay.

Last edited by DeletedAccount69; December 18th 2020 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Goes against TOS for inappropriate Rudeness
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
NeuroBeautiful Offline
I've been here a while

Re: LONELY. ABANDONDED - December 18th 2020, 01:12 AM

And you know something, I mentioned in my other post that I'm trying to help you out as a friend but I am also not interested in being taken for granted so if you are not doing the legwork to improve, I'm not going to spend time detailing how you can do better. It is time you actually ask these questions. You show you want to learn.[EDITED]

Last edited by DeletedAccount69; December 18th 2020 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Inappropriate Rudeness
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: LONELY. ABANDONDED - December 18th 2020, 01:53 AM

I'm sorry my posts are negatively affecting you. Please have some empathy and compassion. Nothing I do is to intentionally be bad or mean, or whatever else people think because I seriously am a good person. I do not intentionally harm people, or hurt people, or manipulate or be evil and so on. I am a good person. I seriously am.

This is just the only way I know how to act and get my needs met. Its just my personality. Any body will tell you its hard to change who you are if you don't have a professional like a therapist pointing it out to you and helping you work through it. Currently I do not have a therapist and when I did see a therapist in the past this was never worked on. I'm not making excuses. I am just trying to explain why I do what I do.

Also, to be honest I have not had much social interaction in that I really haven't had many friends or friends that stuck around for a long long time really which I think has negatively affected me. Also I'm almost 30 and have never been in a relationship and never dated. I feel i do not even know how to be in a relationship if I was in one.

I am trying and I do not have to prove to any one that I am trying. Just because you feel I'm not trying doesn't mean I'm not. I can try to not do the hot and cold as you call it. Ill try but again please don't be harsh and expect perfect. I still might slip in to my old/natural ways not intentionally just because like I said I do not have a therapist at the moment to really help me with this. Its not easy changing on your own with out professional help how you think, how you interact and how you get your needs met.

My post are not to hurt any one or get any one upset. You do not have to read my posts if they upset you. I do appreciate your suggestions and advice.
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
NeuroBeautiful Offline
I've been here a while

Re: LONELY. ABANDONDED - December 18th 2020, 10:01 AM

Quote:

Yes, I usually say I am feeling so horrible to get some caring and compassion. Also, I say it so the people that hurt me on here feel horrible for how they treated me. Also, so people feel badly that I'm banned from chat. I have BPD and so its hard to explain. Even though it seems intentional because I know what I'm doing and manipulative its not. Its not intentional in the way people think of intentional in that I'm being bad, manipulative and so on. I'm not. I'm trying to get my needs met in the only way I know how or feel that I could get my needs met. Also wanting some one to feel bad for hurting me well that's the only way I know how to get that need met of wanting some one to truly know they hurt me because when I say you have hurt me it doesn't seem to be enough to satisfy me that they got they hurt me.

If its in caps and lots of sad faces it usually means I'm really upset about the situation but not major depression or anything and I'm wanting someone to validate my feeling, show me caring and compassion therefore I will exaggerate how I feel.

If I write how im feeling in a post in no caps and it seems to be well written then most likely its true what im feeling not exaggerated in any way .

LOL now you know my secret. Well its not a secret just why I do what I do.

This is manipulative behavior. It does not make you a BAD person. It makes your BEHAVIOR manipulative. Regardless of your diagnosis, regardless if it is intentional or not. If a child throws a tantrum, we don't give them what they want because they throw a fit. There is such a thing as saying "No! Absolutely not" and still understanding the situation.

I said nothing about trying hard and not trying hard. But actually, you were the one who said that on a different post. How people use the hospital for a crutch and do things for attention. I said nothing about trying.

I was talking about how you continued to talk trash about people here while simultaneously begging for support. And the fact that while you did acknowledge what I said in private message, that you then continued to post repeatedly the same exact things.Acknowledging and then saying too bad because I am helpless and needy doesn't help you get better. [EDITED] You say you are doing well just lonely. [EDITED] Because when you are feeling low, you got no time to think about how you affect others. NOW is the time. NOW is when you are doing well. THIS IS THE TIME for your commitment.

Back to the child having a tantrum scenario. It does not make sense to speak to a child about their behavior while they're in the midst of their behavior. However, you did not write in caps lock and you had no sad faces and none of that "exaggerated stuff" so now is when I am taking the opportunity.

The thing is, if you took yourself out of the situation and looked at it, you'd probably be quite critical of that person doing these things. I know this because you are quite critical of others who go to the hospital and yet you are coming here repeatedly, begging for support. How is that much different? At least in the hospital, there are professionals.

You acknowledged once privately you see my side but you saying "I can't help it" is overpowering the conversations. People might be more willing to help you express yourself than you realize. If you were not so combative. The staff are not your enemies and this is not a war.

I sense that these defenses are coming in with a mix of shame. That is what I am sensing. I specifically scanned my post previously to make sure I point out that it is your behavior and not YOU as a person. Why? Because I believe that every person can grow and improve and I do not think you are a bad person at all. You said to show compassion and empathy, and actually I believe I am already. I do not see your behavior as who you are. I tried my hardest to communicate that I am calling out behaviors. I mentioned in a previous comment that I hope you do not take it as shame and instead as a learning opportunity. [EDITED] Because you are not Do you see how I mentioned you deserve support 100%? I do not say words I do not mean. I wholeheartedly believe it. You do deserve support. And I hope you can self-validate even if no one else tells it to you.

I am letting you know that there are 3 coexisting things happening right now inside of me one is caring and understanding and actually believe it or not relatability. I can relate to your pain in a deep way. I can even relate to some of the behaviors!

And feeling helpless is such a human feeling to have. I describe it as rushing down a hill on a bicycle and the breaks aren't working and I am repeatedly trying to stop the breaks and there's people shouting "go left" and "go right" and "stop the bike you are going to crash" and it is like I know I am going to crash, I see myself standing on the sidelines watching myself about to crash and yet, helpless. That's what it feels like to be helpless and stuck in unhealthy patterns. And at the same time, I know I have grown so much since 10 years ago when I started seeking support. Growth and improving doesn't just happen to you. You need to take the action. You need to DO something differently. You need to ask people for help. It is tough work!

And the second thing that is happening is that "this behavior is extremely triggering"

[EDITED]

Now it is your turn to be brave and commit to speaking respectfully and honestly. Write it out first and then edit before posting it. If you need help editing, ask for it.

Of course you are going to have times when you go back to your habit. But it is up to you to work on creating new patterns. We as humans have neuroplasticity and we can change patterns slowly

In fact, part of why I go to therapy is to what I call "breaking intergenerational curses" which is another way of saying I am committed to improving my interpersonal relationships and other mental health things.

Last edited by DeletedAccount69; December 18th 2020 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Inappropriate rudeness
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Re: LONELY. ABANDONDED - December 18th 2020, 06:43 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry my posts are negatively affecting you. Please have some empathy and compassion. Nothing I do is to intentionally be bad or mean, or whatever else people think because I seriously am a good person. I do not intentionally harm people, or hurt people, or manipulate or be evil and so on. I am a good person. I seriously am.

This is just the only way I know how to act and get my needs met. Its just my personality. Any body will tell you its hard to change who you are if you don't have a professional like a therapist pointing it out to you and helping you work through it. Currently I do not have a therapist and when I did see a therapist in the past this was never worked on. I'm not making excuses. I am just trying to explain why I do what I do.

Also, to be honest I have not had much social interaction in that I really haven't had many friends or friends that stuck around for a long long time really which I think has negatively affected me. Also I'm almost 30 and have never been in a relationship and never dated. I feel i do not even know how to be in a relationship if I was in one.

I am trying and I do not have to prove to any one that I am trying. Just because you feel I'm not trying doesn't mean I'm not. I can try to not do the hot and cold as you call it. Ill try but again please don't be harsh and expect perfect. I still might slip in to my old/natural ways not intentionally just because like I said I do not have a therapist at the moment to really help me with this. Its not easy changing on your own with out professional help how you think, how you interact and how you get your needs met.

My post are not to hurt any one or get any one upset. You do not have to read my posts if they upset you. I do appreciate your suggestions and advice.

My inbox is always open, so please write privately to me. I get e-mail notifications so will always know. I may not for reasons of studying or writing an easy to my professors, but will reply to you even if it's late. Since we are friends - thank you for accepting my friendship request - you can come to me any time.

Mental health issues don't magically vanish overnight. We need time to heal, a lot of time, but have resources to fall back on of which there is plenty in Teen Help.
There are many good resources published here, so seek them out. You wrote from the heart as someone who needs understanding and compassion.

You did not deserve the harsh rudeness of others. If you are unfairly picked on, report the person(s) and let those in charge arbitrate or edit.

Personally I don't think you were being manipulative towards me. I interpreted what you were trying to say and took kindly and understandingly towards you.

I know all about manipulators. Having had a highly toxic mother who tried her damnedest to manipulate me, she gave up on discovering I was a hard wall.
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: LONELY. ABANDONDED - December 18th 2020, 09:24 PM

Thanks Radio flyer. Felt good to know im not alone and you see it as behavior not me personally.

Aww thanks pork chop. Its okay. Same I'm in college too.
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Re: LONELY. ABANDONDED - December 19th 2020, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Thanks Radio flyer. Felt good to know im not alone and you see it as behavior not me personally.

Aww thanks pork chop. Its okay. Same I'm in college too.
@ladoglover , I'll pm you. )
Closed Thread