TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
piper Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,783, Level: 12 Points: 6,783, Level: 12 Points: 6,783, Level: 12

Exclamation Cutting and anorexia - November 4th 2012, 12:28 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

hi guys, I have recently started cutting and I am just overwhelmed with school, my type one diabetes, and my weight. I am also anorexic/bulimic and I'm starving and It makes me want to cry every time I look at myself in the mirror or weigh myself, which lead to my cutting and I can't stop. only two of my friends know because they saw me changing and i get mad at th when they try to help because I don't feel normal or like I fit in. I'm also on varsity volleyball and sometimes my cuts under my spandex are hardto hide which stress me out too. I just have so many feelings and depressing feelings my only escape is to cut but I hate it and I hate myself and I don't get along with my parents. is anybody going through the same thing?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: Cutting and anorexia - November 4th 2012, 12:37 AM

You aren't alone. I have an eating disorder, too. Everyone can tell me I'm skinny, but all I see is a fat pig. The number has to go down in my mind. As for the self harm, I cut (main form-since I was ten) burn, bruise, break/sprain bones, and starve.

I understand about your friends not being able to help you. At least they're trying. In all actuality, there's really nothing anyone can say to make it all better, you know?

I don't hate my parents, but they do trigger me often. I got in an arguement with my mom two days ago, then I tried to kill myself. I think the problem with parents is that they don't want to believe that their child is going through this hell. They don't know how to react, and most of the time they react in anger.

I think you should try not to weigh yourself as much if that's a trigger. I totally understand the need to weigh yourself, though. Try to weigh yourself once a week (In the morning before you eat and after you use the bathroom for the most accuracy)

For your cutting, try to slowly wean yourself away from it. Instead of every day, try every other day and so on. Try to cut where it isn't visible, like your stomach or upper thighs. I'm not going to tell you not to cut because I'd be a hyporcrite, but keep your cuts clean so they don't get infected.

Message me if you ever need to talk.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
toiamol Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,911, Level: 12 Points: 6,911, Level: 12 Points: 6,911, Level: 12

Re: Cutting and anorexia - November 5th 2012, 12:07 PM

'M goin through something similar im trying to go back to normal eating habits and im having bout 200-300 calories/day. However, i cant help self-harming every time i eat. I feel good as im starting to get over this obsession, but i feel so fat i literally fEel my body putting on weight with every single bite i have, and the only way of dealing wid it is self-harming. I just wanna be normal/:
Closed Thread