TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jeeajm123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Chloe

Points: 7,818, Level: 12 Points: 7,818, Level: 12 Points: 7,818, Level: 12

Purging and Cutting - December 2nd 2012, 02:32 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

For the last few weeks I have been purging almost everyday. I just feel so ashamed of my body and then I make myself through up. I also have been cutting a lot more too. I started cutting almost two years ago and I would do it maybe once a week or so but i have been doing it a lot more now. It makes me feel kind of good when I do it. I am just so numb inside and cutting makes me feel pain. I am just so confused right now. Nobody knows about any of this and it is starting to get to me. I want to tell someone but I am so scared of their reaction. I just don't know what to do.

Last edited by Riddikulus; December 4th 2012 at 01:02 PM.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Purging and Cutting - December 2nd 2012, 04:39 AM

Hi Chloe! (Beautiful name )
I'm so sorry you feel this way. I feel the same about my body so I understand what you're going through. Just remember, it doesn't matter what other people think. What matters is learning to love yourself and truly realizing that God loves you.
I believe you're beautiful on the inside and outside. The ED makes you believe otherwise.
Here, read this.

I really think it's important that you tell someone like a principle/parents/siblings/trusted friend/counselor. You don't need to go through this alone. I'm always here for you to talk to as well.
Also, I thought it's worth mentioning... I saw a post by a wise person, it said "5 seconds of bravery can make a life-time positive difference". I think along those lines.
Remind yourself everyday that you are important no matter what anyone else says.

Feel free to PM/VM me if you need anything, sweetie. <3
Stay Strong, Chloe, I know this is hard but you can do this.

~ Christabel

Last edited by DeletedAccount17; December 2nd 2012 at 04:52 AM.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
ohbellaaa Offline
been here a good while :)
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: bella.

Points: 6,922, Level: 12 Points: 6,922, Level: 12 Points: 6,922, Level: 12

Re: Purging and Cutting - December 2nd 2012, 05:17 AM

hey there. i understand what youre going through for i went through similar troubles. i didnt grow up with parents or in a loving home with people telling me nice things about myself and that truly had an effect on my life and the way i look at myself. but there comes a time when you need to stand your ground and look in the mirror and see your true beauty. inner and outer. i bet you are a beautiful person inside and out, thats all that matters. outer beauty can be nice, sure dont get me wrong but inner beauty is what you should really embrace about yourself. cutting to feel alive and to feel in general isnt a good thing to do at all. instead how about doing something you enjoy to replace self harming? maybe drawing, writing, helping people or making music? things like that should take your mind off harming and will make you feel alot happier with life. if you ever need anything or want to talk privately about any issues you can PM me anytime.
Closed Thread