TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
cutter1997 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,600, Level: 11 Points: 6,600, Level: 11 Points: 6,600, Level: 11

Question Cutting My Wrists - February 2nd 2013, 06:27 PM

So this is my first time cutting. [edited]

And how badly does it hurt?

How long does the cut take to heal if you across your wrists?

[Edited]

Last edited by Riddikulus; February 3rd 2013 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Asking for advice on how to Self Harm
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,747, Level: 39 Points: 74,747, Level: 39 Points: 74,747, Level: 39

Re: Cutting My Wrists - February 2nd 2013, 06:47 PM

Hi there,

TeenHelp is a place for support, not encouragement when it comes to hurting yourself. BEcause of that, nobody here can or will give you advice on how to cut yourself since it's definitely not the way forward. Instead, I'll supply you with this link here (<-- clicky) so that you can take a look through and find alternate ways to feel something. Cutting leads to worse problems, trust me. It's better to find other coping strategies before you get yourself into the cycle of SH because it's pretty hard to break the habit after a while.

Stay strong,
Hollie.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26

Re: Cutting My Wrists - February 2nd 2013, 06:48 PM

Hey and welcome to TH!

Just to start out, no one here will assist you on how to harm yourself. We will however help support you and listen to you when you need to talk. Hurting yourself in anyway is painful physically, but it is also painful mentally, I do not recommend it to anyone, not even to just try it. Perhaps if you could tell us why you have the urge to harm yourself we could help you through that.

Harming yourself is never the answer and is not a solution to a problem. It may distract you for the moment, but it only causes more heartache and pain in the end. You are much better off by never starting!

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
I can't get enough

Points: 42,913, Level: 29 Points: 42,913, Level: 29 Points: 42,913, Level: 29

Re: Cutting My Wrists - February 2nd 2013, 07:12 PM

Like the others have said, no one here is going to advise you on how to cut yourself. After being self-harm free for almost four years but still dealing with weekly struggles after cutting for six years, I am going to advise you: Please do not get into this. It sounds like you're making a conscious decision to start cutting yourself and that is not good - you have no idea how addictive it can get and how easy it becomes to emotionally depend on it. There are much better things to do - please check out the thread we have here on alternatives to cutting. It might be good to think about counselling if you're feeling like there's issues you're having trouble dealing with??

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Cutting My Wrists - February 4th 2013, 12:23 AM

Like everyone above said, we can't give you advice on how to self-harm nor encourage you to. We're a recovery support group and we're here to listen and try to help you, may I ask what's bothering you for you to wanna hurt yourself?

I began self-harming last year after I turned 13. It's not the thing to do because you become dependent on self-harm, you think "eh it'll be okay", but it gets worse if you decide this. It's an unhealthy coping mechanism that sorta makes you forget the healthy ones. Plus, you got the scars you have to hide from everyone, you have to make up excuses and lie which makes you feel guilty. Then when you do need self-harm when you're feeling sad, you have to look into the eyes of the people you're closest to and lie when they ask how you got the injury. Self-harm comes with the baggage of guilt, hating yourself even more afterwards, having to hide yourself more, and the urges during recovery. It's not worth it. Relying on it just isn't mentally or physically healthy.

I'm here if you need to talk. Feel free to PM/VM me or E-Mail me at purplechristabel@yahoo.com anytime you like. Hope you feel better and get this worked out. Remember, it's better to talk about it or distract yourself then to hurt yourself.

Stay Strong <3

~ Christabel
Closed Thread