TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
idonthaveaclue Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,989, Level: 10 Points: 4,989, Level: 10 Points: 4,989, Level: 10

I just need to self harm?! - June 30th 2016, 02:32 PM

Right now i have tried all the methods on trying to stop self harming...i have not done it in over 2 months and looking at my scars i'm always triggered, right now i just want to do it but i really just dont want to see the scars. I have tried holding ice,snapping hairbands on my wrist etc and nothing works
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
XXCassXX Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Cassidy

Points: 5,255, Level: 10 Points: 5,255, Level: 10 Points: 5,255, Level: 10

Re: I just need to self harm?! - July 1st 2016, 06:13 PM

You can do it. Just be strong. You won't regret it in the end. You are strong enough to get through this you just have to believe that yourself.

Keep listening to music, cause it gets you through everything, I promise.
- Mitch Lucker
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Lionheart Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Oliver

Points: 10,960, Level: 15 Points: 10,960, Level: 15 Points: 10,960, Level: 15

Re: I just need to self harm?! - July 2nd 2016, 12:28 PM

Hey there
First of, two month is a hugh accomplishment! Your amazing!
Saddly you can't make the scars disappear, though I promise you, over time you will learn to accept them and they will stopp being so triggering.
What sometimes can help is to remind yourself, that every cut you make will form another scar that you will have to look at for the rest of your life

It's ok to give in to an urge or make a mistake. You are only human and we all have our flaws. We all have our weak moments and we all make mistakes. Thats what makes us human.
Thats what makes us unique and beautiful

Courage isn't always a loud roar. Sometimes it is a quiet whisper at the end of a day saying: Tomorrow I will try it again!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I've been here a while

Name: Lauren

Points: 24,303, Level: 22 Points: 24,303, Level: 22 Points: 24,303, Level: 22

Re: I just need to self harm?! - July 2nd 2016, 07:38 PM

I'm sorry you're having a hard time trying to stop self harming, but just attempting and working on it is a great thing. And two months is such an achievement.

I too have had a lot of trouble finding an alternative and distraction. Most of them don't really work for me. Is there anything that you're really good at or are passionate about, like a hobby or something similar? Sometimes doing something that's not really a distraction, but something that means something to you can help a lot. For example, I've recently started to work out and run, and it does wonders for me. but it doesn't always help, which sucks, and sometimes I do fall and I have to try again. The thing that matters is that we get up again and keep trying, despite how hard it might be. Because just because it's hard, it doesn't make it impossible! You can do it. You've been doing it for two months. You've got this.

I also know the scars can be triggering. I have that problem as well. I try to cover them up using longer shorts, or make up as well, and it will be tough for a while, and sometimes they don't fully go away, but they do fade. And you do get stronger.

I hope this helps, and if you ever want to talk, especially if you feel like self harming my inbox is always open! Take care!

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."
Closed Thread