TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount63

Edit avatar

Feel like breaking a bone and cutting. - November 9th 2016, 06:51 AM

I feel like breaking a bone and cutting. Because I am a lesbian, who is on SSI and has DSPS at school, who also is looking into getting an alta worker and some services.

I have no control over the election and my vote didn't do any damn good. My first time voting and I felt really good this morning when I voted but now I feel like complete shit.

I am going to be loosing all the stuff I get at school if trumps has his way. No more ssi if trump has his way so I'll be broke. I won't be able to walk the streets holding my wifes hand if trump gets his way.

I fear for my life now because I am part of the LGBTQ+ FAMILY.

I just want to break a bone and cut really deep so badly.
DOn't tell me about the alternative thread I already no about it and when I feel this out pf control and bad they don't help.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount24

Edit avatar

Re: Feel like breaking a bone and cutting. - November 9th 2016, 07:23 AM

There's a lot of people saying they want to hurt or kill themselves now that Trump is president.

I really wish Canada was cheaper, I'd move in a heartbeat.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: Feel like breaking a bone and cutting. - November 9th 2016, 02:01 PM

Trump probably won't have his way. Most presidents do not. He'll have to go through congress and I doubt he'll be able to get even half the stuff he wants to get done, done. Besides, to get elected, he had to appeal to certain people. Politics are corrupt; people lie to get to where they want to go. So, how many of these things did he even want to do, vs what he could have lied about?

The way I see it is this: We, as individuals, didn't have control of the election. We don't have control of what Trump does now that he has been elected as president. But we do have control of our reactions to how we feel about that. I suggest maybe not watching the news for a while and staying off of social media so you're not exposing yourself to something that you have no control over, only to make yourself upset. It's not worth it.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
NeuroBeautiful Offline
Please call that story back.
I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Points: 29,446, Level: 24 Points: 29,446, Level: 24 Points: 29,446, Level: 24

Re: Feel like breaking a bone and cutting. - November 9th 2016, 08:18 PM

Essa, I am so sorry. I know a lot of people are really shaken up by this. We are all suffering in our own way for different reasons but we can be here for each other. When I and my family were close to being homeless several times, there would be a lot of extra fighting at home. I told them, whatever happens to us happens. It is out of our control and it will be a memory before we know it. What we remember is how our personal relationships have been affected. We remember the fights and the yelling at each other. That's what sticks. That's something we have control over and that's where our power is. Fear has its way of creating chaos but it is up to us to not let fear change us. If we are kind to ourselves, and each other and each of us do our part to stay together, that's a way of resisting Trump. By being kind to one another, we don't let Trump get what he wants.

I've been trying to redirect my energy to something that brings people together, rather than hurt myself over it. The way I see it, is that we are in darkness but we all have a light within us that we can keep nurturing so that it lights the way.

Is there anything you can do for self care right now? Watch a favorite film? Make sure you take care of your physical needs. Remember things like HALT because we need to keep ourselves healthy for us to begin to be in the right state of mind to think up solutions.

I am sending you a lot of love, Essa.
I will be thinking of you and everyone else that I am scared for right now.
I don't have advice because obviously this is so scary. But I've given my father a hug this morning because as much as we fight, I wouldn't want him in danger.

I am keeping you and everyone else in ny thoughts. Please don't hurt yourself. You've done nothing wrong to deserve this.

What I am so sad about right now is how many people I know who are struggling with their personal lives. Essa, I know you already go through so much before this election. I am sorry that something yet again came up and had left us shaken. It isn't fair. I wish I can hug you right now and take all of your pain away.
Closed Thread