TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Marshmallow Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 3,774, Level: 9 Points: 3,774, Level: 9 Points: 3,774, Level: 9

I want to die, but yet I don't want to harm myself. - February 12th 2017, 06:43 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of peer pressure or bullying, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I've been getting suicidal thoughts lately mostly because of people at school, my younger sister, and mom making me feel literally useless. First of all, the people in my English period at school make me feel like I'm not needed on Earth. For example, "Kill yourself!" or "You're so retarded, how did you get that wrong on the test?!" (Somehow, teachers never catch this) trigger my emotions and I silently cry inside. Also, I have no friends so people are constantly picking on me because I'm a "loner". Then, there's my younger sister. Always copies what I say. I know, not really irritable but when she does that every second of your freaking life including blaming everything on you, every time I just bump into her she "pretends" to fall down and say that it was harmful yet it was just a SLIGHT touch. Like HOLY FUCKING MOLY CALM DOWN. Finally, there's my mom who has literally ears that can hear everything in a one mile radius. I press on the pedals while playing piano, and she YELLS at me for stomping. She also compares me to my aunt's daughter who's in college and has gotten a really good job. She mainly says I'm pathetic, stupid, and that I need to try harder. With all of these factors in my life, I've developed a ton of stress which has lead to depression, which has lead to slight feelings of suicidal thoughts. I sometimes think that I honestly should "man-up" and just stab my self with a knife but the only thing that is holding me back is the fact that some people such as my dad will actually care about my death. With that being said, please try consoling me and helping me end my depression.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
Article Editor

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 63,002, Level: 36 Points: 63,002, Level: 36 Points: 63,002, Level: 36

Re: I want to die, but yet I don't want to harm myself. - February 13th 2017, 12:49 AM

Hi there,

First of all, welcome to TeenHelp! I hope you find everything that you're looking for here.

I know what it's liked to have kids in class making you feel so small. A lot of people struggle with school and can sometimes get things wrong. It must be hard to have to deal with that as well as the stress of school. I see that you mentioned that your teacher hasn't noticed, but are you able to tell your teacher what's going on?

When I was in my final year of school, I ditched all my 'friends' as I realized that they weren't actually my friends. So definitely try and ignore them when they say that you're a loner, because you definitely are not. I hope this helps a bit. I know how hard bullying can be.

I'm going to also move this thread to Peer Pressure and Bullying, as I think you might be able to get better support there.

Stay strong,
Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

Article Editor
Social Media Guru|Live Help Mentor|HelpLINK Mentor
Chat Moderator|Forum Moderator(Young at Heart)
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: I want to die, but yet I don't want to harm myself. - February 13th 2017, 09:57 PM

Hi Marshmallow,

I am glad you've reached out to us.

I agree with what Brittany has said. Do you think you would be able to tell your teacher how your classmates are treating you? Perhaps if you tell your teacher what is going on he or she will try to be more receptive to in turn, help you.

Have you talked to your mom about how you're feeling? I know it is very hard to talk to some people about how they make you feel, but it could be something to try. If you're not comfortable with it or your mom isn't the type of person you want to confide in, I suggest talking to someone else about this. Maybe you can talk to a teacher, friend, school counselor, or your dad.

You said the fact that your dad would care about your death is what stops you from trying to hurt yourself and that is a good start. Anything that keeps you here is a positive. You might benefit from writing a list of reasons to stay and keeping it in a safe place so you can view it when you're feeling low.

If you ever feel like you are going to harm yourself, call a hotline or your emergency number. Even though you feel as though your mom and sister don't care, other people care about you. Your dad cares about you and I care about you as well as many other people on TeenHelp. I know words on the internet might not be able to bring a lot of comfort but you are worth so much more than people make you feel. I am here if you'd like to talk.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Chaotic_ Offline
Average Joe

Name: Cass

Points: 5,531, Level: 10 Points: 5,531, Level: 10 Points: 5,531, Level: 10

Re: I want to die, but yet I don't want to harm myself. - February 14th 2017, 04:46 PM

Hi There,

It sounds like you're going through a really hard time. Bullying sucks. As some one who has worked in schools before, I promise that your teachers more than likely would love if you reached out to them. We have a lot of students, and sometimes we don't catch the problem. But if it is addressed to us, we want nothing more than to help you. I would suggest talking to your teacher because she/he probably truly does care about you.

I'm sorry that your mom treats you this way. I agree that maybe trying to tell her how her words come across to you and how they make you feel might be a good step. Do you think that you could chat with her about how you feel?

I am so glad that you named your dad as one of your reasons for living. It sounds like he loves and cares about you. I would suggest telling him everything you are feeling. He cares and he will only want to help you.

Know that you are not dumb, stupid, or pathetic. You are a beautiful person inside and out, I am sure. None of this worth ending your life over, despite how painful it is. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

As stated above if you feel like you are in a crisis call a help line or your emergency line. Feel free to PM me if you want someone to chat with. Always here. <3
Closed Thread