TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeeOhSheDances Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Dee

Points: 8,610, Level: 13 Points: 8,610, Level: 13 Points: 8,610, Level: 13

on the road to recovery from my one vice the cutting - November 6th 2010, 01:27 AM

so recently i cut pretty deep about a week ago which is what got me involved on this site because i wanted to stop doing this and i admit ive been doing pretty well i had a slight urge to cut thursday night but instead of adding more cuts i simply just danced my heart out for a straight hour no stopping and the urge slowly went away im stll working on finding out what triggers it im not to sure what it is yet but i do know i want these scars to go away so instead of scratchign and oicking at them ive been takeking care of them the lighter cuts are fadeing but the two deep ones are really upsetting me i look at what ive done to myself but that only makes me want to stop even more so these scars can fade and i can truly say i made it off the road of cutting

Dance & Him Thats all im ever going to need in life <3

8.11.09 A.A.F no matter what we go through im always going to love you
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Commiseration Offline
Average Joe

Name: Sam

Points: 11,000, Level: 15 Points: 11,000, Level: 15 Points: 11,000, Level: 15

Re: on the road to recovery from my one vice the cutting - November 6th 2010, 11:09 PM

I'm so very proud of you!! haha

It's entirely awesome that you're quitting self-harm! And you've got the right idea as using alternatives like dancing. The urges really do fade away after a while when we distract ourselves. So that's great! I'm happy to hear that you're serious about quitting and I believe you will acheive your goal.

As for the scars, it's possible to get them to fade, but if there are some still visible don't take it as a bad thing. I mean, it's good to use them as a reminder of why you want to quit. But also look at them as a reminder that YOU SURVIVED. You made it through and you'll be stronger than ever for it. Again, I'm proud of you and you should be proud too. Keep up the awesome work!

-Sam-

-Let the Music Play-
"There's no way to explain why life is filled with so much pain. But do the flowers ever grow in the places it don't rain?"

"But the unfortunate truth is that, while being different from everyone else can be exciting at first, ultimately it can get a little lonely."

"The floor seemed wonderfully solid. It was comforting to know I had fallen and could fall no further."
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38

Re: on the road to recovery from my one vice the cutting - November 6th 2010, 11:19 PM

This really made me smile

I'm so glad to hear you are finally getting out of self harm. I believe you will completly be able to get through it. You are such a strong person.

The scars should fade, if not you can try using something like bio-oil to help them fade. But remember, the scares don't have to be a bad thing, this was your way of coping, your way of fighting. It proves you got through it all. Don't let anyone make you feel bad of them either.

Im really proud, keep your chin up and I hope it goes okay xx

’Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.’

Big sis, always and forever, 15/04/2018
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
inactiveprofile Offline
Average Joe

Name: .

Points: 9,998, Level: 14 Points: 9,998, Level: 14 Points: 9,998, Level: 14

Re: on the road to recovery from my one vice the cutting - November 6th 2010, 11:27 PM

Hey
firstly I wanted to say how much this made me smile. And secondly if you ever need any help with keeping of the SH tools you can PM me any time and I will try and help...
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
DeeOhSheDances Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Dee

Points: 8,610, Level: 13 Points: 8,610, Level: 13 Points: 8,610, Level: 13

Re: on the road to recovery from my one vice the cutting - November 7th 2010, 11:20 PM

thank you everyone this site helps alot to keep me strong and everyone is right the two deep scars will be a reminder of my survival through this hard time i hope to keep up my goodm work and i will keep everyone posted

Dance & Him Thats all im ever going to need in life <3

8.11.09 A.A.F no matter what we go through im always going to love you
Closed Thread