TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Tonight Offline
Average Joe

Points: 11,051, Level: 15 Points: 11,051, Level: 15 Points: 11,051, Level: 15

10 Months and Still Feel like Cutting - February 2nd 2011, 04:06 AM

As stated above I've been free of SH for over 10 months and lately it's been so hard not to cut.I had a baby he's 9 weeks now and things have been going great.Since being pregnant I had to stop smoking weed and smokes (I gave in a few times during pregnancy unfortunatly).I've recently started smoking again though it's only 1 a day (I know it's really bad considering I'm breastfeeding,please don't judge).

Lately though,especially at night,my mind obsesses over bad things that have and are still happening to me and I really feel like cutting.Before I was pregnant I'd smoke weed and it would calm my mind down and get my mind on other things but I can't do that now.I've tried writing and reading and many other things but nothing works to take my mind off things.

I don't know if I'm asking for advice or just ranting or trying to take my mind off of things but any advice would be appreciated

You wonder why I never smile anymore,but with broken homes come broken smiles.

Has the acidic rain burned a hole so deep,that we don't care what's beneath our feet?

I'm a freak and my best friend is a pirate-ninja-dinosaur,what a unique friendship!

My heart is so numb,that I can't feel it breaking

(#2 (permalink)) Old
L.O.V.E. IS??
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kelly

Points: 11,957, Level: 15 Points: 11,957, Level: 15 Points: 11,957, Level: 15

Re: 10 Months and Still Feel like Cutting - February 2nd 2011, 02:38 PM

Just think of your baby (: Your baby needs you. If youe ver just need to talk about anything i'm here (:

Some things are beautiful because they are un-obtainable <3

'A dream is what you desire if anything and everything is possible.'
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Points: 48,277, Level: 31 Points: 48,277, Level: 31 Points: 48,277, Level: 31

Re: 10 Months and Still Feel like Cutting - February 2nd 2011, 02:52 PM

Hey,

It kind of sounds like it wasn't too hard for you to give up self harm before, because you had other ways of feeling better. But now that you can't engage in those activities, the urge to self harm is coming back, or finally hitting.

The thing is, now that you have a baby it's even more important to be making healthy decisions for yourself and for your baby. I'm sure you've realized that the instant you become pregnant it's not "how does this effect me?" it's "how does this effect my baby and I?" You have to think about your baby just as much as you think about yourself, if not more.

And keeping your baby in mind, do you think you're going to do the best job possible raising him if you're constantly distracted by wanting to smoke weed or wanting to self harm? For these reasons I really think you should try to look for some healthier alternatives.

There are a lot of other ways to calm your mind down. Make sure you have some time to yourself without your baby. Go out with some friends and get your mind off of things. Have someone you can talk to about these things you stress over, that's also a great way to get things out of your mind.

You owe it to yourself and your baby to overcome this. I know you can do it.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Points: 22,249, Level: 21 Points: 22,249, Level: 21 Points: 22,249, Level: 21

Re: 10 Months and Still Feel like Cutting - February 2nd 2011, 03:43 PM

This probably won't really make you feel better, but I want you to know you're not alone. It's been just about a year since I've last done it, and I still want to.

I'm just hoping that if I stay clean, it will eventually be a part of my past, and not the present.
Closed Thread