TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Bianca DiAngelo Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Not telling

Points: 4,568, Level: 10 Points: 4,568, Level: 10 Points: 4,568, Level: 10

Question Is this really rape? - April 1st 2016, 03:12 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Okay, when I was seven my dad started dating this girl, we'll call her s. Well, s had a daughter.... N. well N and I had to share a room because the house was small. Well, anyway, N called me over to her bed, and told me to 'touch her chest' I was only seven, I thought it was normal, (I know now that it wasn't) so I did it. Then she literally threw me off the top bunk (her bed).

About two weeks after that, The whole family spend the night at my dad's friends house. N and I had to share a room. She forced me to kiss her, and she touched me in places that I've never let anyone else near. I cried, and had a panic attack, but she wouldn't stop no matter what I did.

After she was done, she told me that if I ever told anyone, she would kill my family. After a couple months my dad broke up with s, but I never told him what happened.

Would this really be considered rape since we are both females? Please help me, I need answers.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: Is this really rape? - April 1st 2016, 05:08 AM

The sex of someone doesn't matter when it comes to sexual assault. Assault does not discriminate.

It all depends on how old N was. If N was significantly older than you, old enough to know about sex, but under the age of eighteen, then this was child-on-child sexual abuse. Normally, this type of abuse is when older children who are aware of what they are doing abuse younger children. But child-on-child sexual abuse doesn't have a lot of information out there that I am aware of and the lines could be blurry if that makes sense. If she was an adult, it was abuse as well.

If N was the same age or younger, I highly doubt she knew what she was doing. Children do experiment, but they generally don't force other children into things and they don't know a lot of things about sex. If they do, that indicates that someone has likely abused them. Sometimes, abusers will force children to do sexual things to each other for their own pleasure and that could have happened to N. It sounds to me like N was abused and wasn't aware that the behavior was wrong, and was just doing what she knew but was doing it with you.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Jess~ Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: jess

Points: 20,599, Level: 20 Points: 20,599, Level: 20 Points: 20,599, Level: 20

Re: Is this really rape? - April 1st 2016, 07:01 AM

the definition of rape is basically nonconsensual penetration of any kind. so if she did finger you, then technically it could be considered rape.

however, rape is more commonly associated with actual sex (but who can define "actual sex" these days anyways?)

honestly, i think what you experienced would fit more appropriately under the category of sexual abuse or molestation.

i'm very sorry to hear you have gone through this, and if you want to talk i will be there to listen, just drop me a PM. (i've recently gone through a series of situations all too familiar to this one, which eventually lead up to being raped, so trust me when i say that i know what you're going through and that i am deeply sorry.
even though this might've happened years ago, it can still have a profound effect on you mentally and emotionally. i wish there was more i could do or say to help, but what will really help you the most is thinking this out by yourself and working it out in a way that you can accept what happened and move on.)

i don't know what i'm supposed to do
haunted by the ghost of you
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Bianca DiAngelo Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Not telling

Points: 4,568, Level: 10 Points: 4,568, Level: 10 Points: 4,568, Level: 10

Re: Is this really rape? - April 5th 2016, 02:57 AM

Thank you, and she was MUCH older than me. She knew better.
-Bianca DiAngelo
Closed Thread