TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,885, Level: 42 Points: 88,885, Level: 42 Points: 88,885, Level: 42

Whirlwind of emotions - July 30th 2023, 07:19 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

There's a lot on my plate at the moment and I'm slowly losing control again. I'm struggling to keep up with working 3 jobs (with inflation, I'm able to manage financially with these jobs), studying my degree and planning my wedding. I'm tired emotionally, physically and emotionally. I'm constantly being told to lose weight which now has resulted in my barely eating anything anymore.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,654, Level: 59 Points: 172,654, Level: 59 Points: 172,654, Level: 59

Re: Whirlwind of emotions - July 30th 2023, 03:14 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that you're going through all of this!

It's definitely tough having to work so many jobs to get by. Are you able to budget some time in for self care, even though you're so busy? It doesn't have to be anything massive and it doesn't have to take up a lot of time. It can even be something as simple as putting on a face mask or painting your nails, but it's something you can use to treat yourself and help you reduce some of the stress you're feeling.

Perhaps you can also find an outlet for what you're feeling, such as journaling or just talking to someone about what's going on. For example, you can talk to your fiancé. It makes things worse to keep it all bottled inside so maybe talking about it will help a little.

As far as losing weight, instead of not eating are you able to talk to a nutritionist if you really do want to lose weight? They can help you get on a healthy diet plan so you still get the nutrients you need. It's not right that people have told you to lose weight though, and if the tables were turned I bet they wouldn't like it. Are you able to talk to them and let them know exactly how they are impacting you? Let them know that you understand they may be concerned, but it's rude and hurtful of them to point out your weight like that. Ask them to stop, and set boundaries with them if they don't, such as limiting contact if possible.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

I can't get enough

Name: Sam
Pronouns: she/her

Points: 40,752, Level: 29 Points: 40,752, Level: 29 Points: 40,752, Level: 29

Re: Whirlwind of emotions - August 1st 2023, 11:02 PM

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through all of this! It definitely sounds like you have a lot on your plate and it's completely understandable that you're having difficulty managing all of it. One thing that I've personally found to be helpful when I'm overwhelmed with life tasks and responsibilities is to set aside dedicated time for self-care. You can either set aside a small amount of time each day or a larger chunk of time on a day each week when you have less obligations. When practicing self-care, you don't need to do anything major or time-consuming. Even something as simple as coloring a picture, going for a short walk, or listening to your favorite music can be helpful because it's something that YOU enjoy and that helps center you.

When it comes to weight loss, the most important thing is to make sure you're doing it for the right reasons and in a healthy way. Are you trying to lose weight because it would help you feel healthier and happier? Or, are you trying to lose weight because others are telling you that you should? If it's the latter, don't let the negative comments other people make influence you. If you're happy with your body and aren't experiencing major health problems as a result of your weight, then there's no reason to pay them any mind or act based on what they say. However, if you do want to lose weight for yourself, please ensure that you're going about it in a healthy way. Perhaps you could consult a nutritionist to learn more about the types of food that you should be eating for healthy weight loss. You could also Google healthy recipes and find some that fit in with the things that you already like to eat. At the end of the day, your weight loss journey should be about what is best for you, not the opinions of others.

I know it's hard right now, but you've got this!!

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Whirlwind of emotions - August 5th 2023, 02:29 AM

Thank you both for your replies.

I'm trying to get by and I have been doing some self care. It's just the lack of motivation and energy that's the main thing for me at the moment.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

I can't get enough

Name: Sam
Pronouns: she/her

Points: 40,752, Level: 29 Points: 40,752, Level: 29 Points: 40,752, Level: 29

Re: Whirlwind of emotions - August 5th 2023, 07:27 AM

That's totally understandable! Is there something you can do to help motivate yourself? Maybe you could try setting up a rewards system of sorts when there are tasks that you really don't want to do. For instance, you could choose a treat to buy for yourself or a fun activity to do if you accomplish a certain task or get a specific number of things checked off of your to-do list in a given day or week. Sometimes knowing that there is a positive at the end of it can be really motivating.

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Whirlwind of emotions - August 8th 2023, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambedo. View Post
That's totally understandable! Is there something you can do to help motivate yourself? Maybe you could try setting up a rewards system of sorts when there are tasks that you really don't want to do. For instance, you could choose a treat to buy for yourself or a fun activity to do if you accomplish a certain task or get a specific number of things checked off of your to-do list in a given day or week. Sometimes knowing that there is a positive at the end of it can be really motivating.
That's a good idea. I often motivate myself to go to the gym in order to become more toned but when I'm there, I am increasingly tired with everything that has happened in the day (I work 10-12 hours a day) and I just want to go home. I also feel guilty for rewarding myself as I think that I don't deserve it or that I should of spent my money on something else if I was to buy something for myself.

Bills have begun building up as well as my stress levels again. I just hope it will all be worthwhile.