TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 26,546, Level: 23 Points: 26,546, Level: 23 Points: 26,546, Level: 23

Would my eating disorder weight flux ruin my tattoos - January 10th 2018, 11:42 AM

Hi

I have loads of tattoos all over my arms and and 2 on my legs.

My question is for the last year I have been in relapse and out of relapse with my eating disorder I'll binge some weight on really quick lose a load of weight real quick my body is changing all the time. My question is will this stretch my skin? Would this ruin my tattoos on my arms and legs I have no tattoos on my body like my belly and all that I have no tattoos on there. Would this not effect my tattoos as they are on my arms and stuff I am worried that it may cause saggy skin and ruin my beautiful ink. I am one known to worry about the most stupid shit possible so I would love a good insight and some advice please thank you.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Kintsukuroi. Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 41,173, Level: 29 Points: 41,173, Level: 29 Points: 41,173, Level: 29

Re: Would my eating disorder weight flux ruin my tattoos - January 13th 2018, 02:56 AM

Hey there!

I think your best bet for a more accurate answer would be to speak with your tattoo artist about their thoughts or experiences. However, I did some research and found that it depends on the placement of the tattoos as well the details of the tattoo to begin with. The rate of the weight loss or gain can also cause skin to sag/stretch marks which can distort the tattoo.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
matthewmatters Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Matthew

Points: 8,033, Level: 13 Points: 8,033, Level: 13 Points: 8,033, Level: 13

Re: Would my eating disorder weight flux ruin my tattoos - January 20th 2018, 11:55 PM

to be honest it's coming down to what you lost of yourself
i can see the tatoo not being able to stay on you
Closed Thread