TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
sunderz16 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,878, Level: 13 Points: 8,878, Level: 13 Points: 8,878, Level: 13

Depression, schizophrenia bulimia, 6th form drop out, advice please. - January 4th 2010, 02:43 PM

ok, so, im a male english 17 yr old who for the past 2 years has suffered with clinical depression, schizophrenia, and more recently bulimia. I need some advice on what i am to do next, i am having a significantly difficult time right now as you can imagine, and i am currently in 6th form ( an english form of further & higher education for 16-18 yr olds, but i have struggled to be there for about 50% of my lessons over the past 4 months, and am seriously considering dropping out. However i think if i do this i will not be able to go back and there it seems to me that my life will kind of dead end here, thus probably spiraling me into an even worse situatuon. Any advice much appreciation, and sorry if ive done this thread wrong, first time
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
hopefaithlove Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 24,983, Level: 22 Points: 24,983, Level: 22 Points: 24,983, Level: 22

Re: Depression, schizophrenia bulimia, 6th form drop out, advice please. - January 4th 2010, 04:34 PM

Hey there. I'm so sorry to hear about how difficult things have been for you. I'm sure it took a lot of courage for you to post and reach out, so I commend you on that. Have you reached out to anyone in your life? Such as a parent, relative, teacher, friend, etc. Sometimes reaching out and getting help can be difficult, but it will make things so much better in the long run!

I really just wanted to post and let you know that I'm here for you and I care, so please let me know if you want to talk about it more in depth. Keep your chin up. Brighter days will come.

There is always hope. PM me anytime.
SH Free since 10.20.08
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
sunderz16 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,878, Level: 13 Points: 8,878, Level: 13 Points: 8,878, Level: 13

Re: Depression, schizophrenia bulimia, 6th form drop out, advice please. - January 4th 2010, 05:03 PM

Thankyou for replying i have been under the care of numerous mental health teams for 2 years now, and also have spent 2 months under hospitalization because my health deteriorated so much, im just not sure whether to continue with education or not considering my circumstances :/
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
*Rainbow*Rider* Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: H

Points: 19,558, Level: 20 Points: 19,558, Level: 20 Points: 19,558, Level: 20

Re: Depression, schizophrenia bulimia, 6th form drop out, advice please. - January 4th 2010, 05:53 PM

When I dropped out of sixth form I got a job in a care home. They offer training so I know I won't be in this job for ever. It was the best decision I made and has given me a lot of self respect.
Education is not the only way to go.
At the end of the day, its your decision.
I would advice staying and finishing this year though.

If the world is a cold place
Make it your business to start some fires

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Crescendo Offline
Walking The Line
Junior TeenHelper

Name: ...

Points: 14,548, Level: 17 Points: 14,548, Level: 17 Points: 14,548, Level: 17

Re: Depression, schizophrenia bulimia, 6th form drop out, advice please. - January 6th 2010, 12:13 AM

Hey- I would really like to encourage you to seek counseling. Medication and therapy may really help the conditions you're struggling with. Definitely try to weight the pros and cons both short and long term before dropping out. I'm sorry you're struggling.
Megan

When the patient's body has betrayed them,
and all the sciencewe have to offer has failed them,
when worst-case scenario comes true,
clinging to hope is all we've got left.
-grey's.anatomy-
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread